Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who has 5 cards or fewer?

tag
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Re: Who has 5 cards or fewer?

Guess I do. My 5th will be AMEX later in the year when I'm ready Smiley Very Happy

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 91 of 126
ACsteel
Frequent Contributor

I'm in the 5 or fewer club.

Message 92 of 126
arjames01
Contributor

I have two. A chase freedom and an Amex bce. 

11/2013- EX 690, EQ 763, TU 694
01/2015- EX 781, EQ 775, TU 777

Chase Freedom $7500, AMEX BCE $6000
Message 93 of 126
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 3 that I use every month-Barclay rewards, capitol one, and logix mastercard. The others are store cards that I have because I shop at those places on a regular basis but I dont use them every month and I always pay in full. Ideally I want to pc the barclay rewards to the sallie mae once i garden for a couple years and get the citi double cash to replace the capitol one and pc the logix to their version of the rewards card. other than that i have all the cards i need and plan to keep them.

Message 94 of 126
Josh2942
Established Contributor

I would like to close and combine until I maintain 100k in credit with a small amount of cards. Maybe 6. I've closed 6 now I'm down to 16
Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 95 of 126
yfan
Valued Contributor

@GlocksAndCredit wrote:

Each card serves a different purpose. People have different reasons to have different cards - It's like a watch, which one do I want to wear today..... Smiley Happy

Oh great. Now I need to feel bad about the fact that I only own one watch?

Message 96 of 126
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I have 5 but I only use 3.  I sd my US Bank cash+  and LOC.  I am going to let them decide when they want to cancel them..  Even with only  the 3 left I  still have more than enough credit,  ( 60k ).   Talking about watches,  that is my weak point.  I have collected over 20 wrist watches and a half dozen pocket watches.  I can almost make it a  month with wearing a different one each day.  

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 97 of 126
Noctilum
Frequent Contributor

I have 2.  Chase Freedom and Citi Platinum.  I only put a couple of bucks on the Citi card a month.  It's a sorry card but it's good if I have to buy stuff where I need to give the credit card number out because of virtual account numbers.

Message 98 of 126
SomeGuyOnTheWeb
Regular Contributor

"Technically", I have five.

But only four see use. The other is in my bathroom underneath a bar of soap.

EQ - 727
TU - 752
EX - 774
Message 99 of 126
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@yfan wrote:

@GlocksAndCredit wrote:

Each card serves a different purpose. People have different reasons to have different cards - It's like a watch, which one do I want to wear today..... Smiley Happy

Oh great. Now I need to feel bad about the fact that I only own one watch?

Oh, just flaunt that you have emotions!   I would feel bad about not having any if I was able to feel bad.

Message 100 of 126
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.