cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who has credit history less than 1 year?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who has credit history less than 1 year?

Anyone here has credit history under a year? and which creditors are you having success with?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who has credit history less than 1 year?

I have 9 months of credit history.  My first card was the 'Chase +1' MC with a $500 CL.  9 months later with a 715 EX score I applied for an Amex Green and was instantly approved Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, great score! I have 7 months history with Cap1 500, Chase 200 & Macys 100

EX: 718 EQ: 648 TU:??. What I have noticed though, is that if you're credit is new, EQ will

not report anything for the 1st 6 months, therefore you won't be score till then. Has anybody else noticed this?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I tried signing up for scorewatch around June and couldn't do it, EQ didnt have a file on me. 
Message 4 of 11
tatiana
Contributor

Equifax is crazy.  I'm not sure if it's because they were the latest bureau out of the chute or what, but I had over *two years* of credit history before they developed a file for me.  When I got my apartment in OC, the Irvine Company leasing rep told me, "Equifax says you don't exist."

*boggle*

-------------------------------------------------------------

Might as well change my surname to Morgan-Chase.
Closed on my crazy midcentury home in July, 2012! Thanks, FHA!
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had credit since July '08 and I was able to get a BofA secured with a $1000 CL and an unsecured Capital One card with no annual fee and a $300 CL. Haven't bothered to pull the scores yet, since it's been less than six months.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a credit history under a year. I bought a BMW in June, got an Orchard card (secured in June) and another secured card in July. I have had no luck at all with any other credit card companies.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey nicksite did you get cap1 before boa or after ? and was it a preaproval offer or what ?

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

cap one should approve you i think they even have a card for new files  for "young adults" and bofa would be a good choice even if they offer the 99\500
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

hey nicksite did you get cap1 before boa or after ? and was it a preaproval offer or what ?

Hey creditcrap,

I applied for the Cap1 after I had the BofA for about a month. It was already reported on my credit report as paid as agreed. I wasn't offered anything through preapproval, but I was instantly approved for the "Young Adults" card with no annual fee.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.