cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who has had recent approvals for cards?

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Who has had recent approvals for cards?

You can join over the phone as I said.

Ron.

Message 21 of 84
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Just got approved for a Capital one Student Card.. btw to the guy that started this post, what kind of job do you have?  Just wondaring, i dont see that many people with that high an income.. Pretty cool

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 84
Achase
Regular Contributor

just apply for signature visa cards and world mastercards only....if approved your limit would be 5k minimum.

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 84
JMN
Frequent Contributor

HSBC Platinum MasterCard Cash or Fly. Approved at $9,500, no AF, 0% for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers.

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 24 of 84
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Amex Zync

BofA accelerated rewards

Diamond preferred rewards

Amex Blue

Best Buy Store Card

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 25 of 84
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

ngerasimatos, i have been studying this thread. LISTEN to what RON1 is suggesting. i perfectly agree with him. with your fabulous income and decent credit score, USAA is the first place to turn for generous credit lines in your case.

if i were you i would go on a major app spree. you have the best income to back it up. and your total debt is excellent. your problem is that you are maxing out your cards. that is just hurting you. i don't know if you have any lates, and if you do, that could hurt you to.

it is unlikely for someone like you, to get turned down. but if you do get turned down automatically, i feel that you could win over every recon.

i think your problem is that you may not pay attention to your limits, rather than not having the ability to pay them off. inability to pay and falling beind on being able to make payments are what the lenders are REALLY concerned about.

this is your chance to turn this around, because you have much opportunity here.

i do four things that keep me on top of my credit.

1. i have online access to every account that i have.
2. i check, keep tabs on each account at least once a week.
3. when ever i can, i try to keep a balancing act across all of my cards.

i don't know if you know this, but you can always make single transactions with many cards. i once paid for a single item using 8 of my 9 bank credit cards. the cashier looked to me like i was nuts, but it is a powerful, effective way to build your credit.

but the main reason why i bring up this method, is because it may be the main reason why you are maxing out your cards. if there is something expensive that you would like to buy, just use several cards to pay for it so you wont max out your credit limits. that way you not only build your credit, you avoid over the limit fees.

4. and before you make a purchase, if you have, use your smartphone to check your available credit limit before you reach the check out line. (or while you are in line, if the line is long)

trust me, you have massive potential. usually app sprees are bad and unhealthy for most, but in your case, the opposite applies. when banks see that you are doing this, they will bow at your feet with wedding rings Smiley Very Happy

just follow my suggestions, and you will be on the top of the list before you know it.

btw, you can only apply for a HSBC PLATINUM, if you are pre approved for it.
earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 26 of 84
Ron1
Super Contributor

HSBC Platinum Card only gives to their HSBC Checking and Savings customer. They don't like to give out prime with generous CL.  They usually like to give out $100CL to $500 CL with 59 AF. It is tough to qualify for the prime card. I still said USAA is the best choice of all and their customer service is excellent.

Ron.

Message 27 of 84
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

but ron1 you have their prime best buy mastercard. that is the card i am trying to score right now. i am currently working and  prioritizing my subprime best buy mastercard so i can achieve their prime best buy mastercard. i agree with you that jmn's suggestion is an unlikely solution. maybe he works for hsbc..

Message 28 of 84
Ron1
Super Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

but ron1 you have their prime best buy mastercard. that is the card i am trying to score right now. i am currently working and  prioritizing my subprime best buy mastercard so i can achieve their prime best buy mastercard. i agree with you that jmn's suggestion is an unlikely solution. maybe he works for hsbc..

Yes, I got lucky to get approved for Best Buy RZMC Platinum and Cash Back MC last year. Their customer service is one of the worst (outsourced their center to India). Their rewards card is just so-so. More like it is possible to get RZMC Platinum even with the good score. I don't know they're looking for.

Ron.

Message 29 of 84
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

ron, did you get pre approved for hsbc platinum, or did you have to be a banking customer first? its funny, because i have an excellent past history with them. i used to have their union plus platinum card with a 7000 dollar limit. geeeeshhh. i wouldn't have bothered, but i want to reestablish what i have a good history with.

Message 30 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.