Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who has the most BOA BBRs on here?

tag
Aahz
Established Contributor

Re: Who has the most BOA BBRs on here?

@Themanwhocan wrote:

I have gotten 2 CLIs via HP's to bring my BBR card to $16.6K, but I don't think they like all the cards i've obtained in the past year

They didn't balk at giving me my second BBR in March when I had 13 new cards in the past year.  Gave me $10k on that new one (since raised to $20k) when my first was already at $15k.

I figure I'll app for one a year until they start declining me Smiley Very Happy

Message 31 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aahz wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

I have gotten 2 CLIs via HP's to bring my BBR card to $16.6K, but I don't think they like all the cards i've obtained in the past year

They didn't balk at giving me my second BBR in March when I had 13 new cards in the past year.  Gave me $10k on that new one (since raised to $20k) when my first was already at $15k.

I figure I'll app for one a year until they start declining me Smiley Very Happy

Lol you are meeee Smiley Very Happy

Message 32 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like the card for a multitude of reasons:

1. Easy money, year after year.

2. BOA, nuff said.

3. Recurrent BT offers from 12 to 18 months.

4. Generous limits even without excellent credit, esp once established. And one HP works for multiple cards, and no HP to move limits most of the time.

Essentially you can also view this card as a 0 bt fee card on up to $4k a year.  It serves more than one purpose for sure!  I find it neat that a person could be 6 months into their BBR, not even using it for BTs, and get an offer better than the 12 months they got at signup, for even more flexibility.

I hope to get approved for one this september, and if I have to leverage some limit from my Amtrak I am totally ok with that.

Gotta say tho, between citi and boa, I wish there was an account setting to specify how many checks they send a person a month. Makes me very paranoid sometimes!

Message 33 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

2. BOA, nuff said.

4. Generous limits even without excellent credit, esp once established. And one HP works for multiple cards, and no HP to move limits most of the time.

Essentially you can also view this card as a 0 bt fee card on up to $4k a year.  It serves more than one purpose for sure!  I find it neat that a person could be 6 months into their BBR, not even using it for BTs, and get an offer better than the 12 months they got at signup, for even more flexibility.

I hope to get approved for one this september, and if I have to leverage some limit from my Amtrak I am totally ok with that.

Gotta say tho, between citi and boa, I wish there was an account setting to specify how many checks they send a person a month. Makes me very paranoid sometimes!

I've never used any of mine for BTs. No one should be carrying balances anyway.

Maybe I should pick up 5 more BBRs.

Message 34 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

2. BOA, nuff said.

no one should be carrying balances anyway is a generalization.  What do you think the BBR is for anyway?  It is to give a responsible person a place to do a BT and help offset the BT fee.  Not to just get free money like many people do (which I am ok with).  Considering how low some of the rates go on CCs too, sometimes its OK to carry a balance.

Message 35 of 37
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

2. BOA, nuff said.

no one should be carrying balances anyway is a generalization.  What do you think the BBR is for anyway?  It is to give a responsible person a place to do a BT and help offset the BT fee.  Not to just get free money like many people do (which I am ok with).  Considering how low some of the rates go on CCs too, sometimes its OK to carry a balance.

+1

While I agree that carrying a balance isn't ideal, sometimes it's the lesser of two evils.  Smiley Wink

Simply saying that "no one should carry a balance" is like saying the kids shouldn't need braces, or that you really shouldn't have had that accident.  Sometimes 'life happens' and the need exceeds the amount you have in savings; in this case I feel it's certainly fine to use a credit card for the expense, especially if it's at 0% anyway.

To be clear, note that I'm not dismissing the need for savings - not at all.  I'm just being realistic that sometimes a need is greater than the amount we might have in savings at times, that's all.  Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 37
DrForce
Valued Member

I personally have 3 BBRs, but there was a reddit post a month ago where someone PC'ed a bunch of MLB cards to BBRs and now has 7 of them. That's the most that I know of. 

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.