Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who have YOU blacklisted?

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Who have YOU blacklisted?

Wells Fargo - had ckg acct for over ten yrs., then they started charging mo fee, and claimed that "everyone was or will be." Well, my local bank doesn't and in fact gives me interest. And denied my cc app when i was rebuilding even after a decade of being with them. Buh bye!

B of A - as James said, read way too many horror stories about them here. 

Cap One - They refused to grow either of my rebuilder CCs and what makes them do special that they do 3 HP? 1 HP and I might app for a rewards card (prime), but just not worth 3 HP to me.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 11 of 30
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Cap1. My auto loan mess, three HP's for secured cc, cards don't grow, predatory lending practices (I'm dumping them when I can).

Verizon. They can burn. I'll use two tin cans and a string before I use their services again.

I do thank cap1 for opening lending to me but I just can't balance that against all their negatives.

My wall of fame: Amex- I heart ya and and your back dating glory, yalls preference to use experian (my highest score) and yalls fantastic customer service.

Up and comers-Chase. They are really growing on me. Any lender that is open to recons. We are more than just a score and report.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 30
learnin113
Established Contributor

Barclays!

I dont believe any creditor should stalk you after they offer you credit.  Have a little class and soft me every now and then, but to stalk and balance chase is just odd business practice to me.

Message 13 of 30
Jlu
Established Contributor

Nobody.

I hate Bank of America yet I have their 1-2-3 rewards card. It allows me to earn an extra percent back on groceries. I like to keep my options open. If I can expend them to my advantage, so be it. When I'm able to apply for BCP I will cancel my Bank of America card, simple as that.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 14 of 30
compassion101
Established Contributor

Tbh, I would never hold personal grudges against a company if they had a product that was beneficial to me.

The only time I really would boycott a company is over something like human rights violations.

Message 15 of 30
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@Razeus wrote:

Which card companies do you refuse to do business with?

Barclay (stingy with the CLI even after years of on time payments and never getting close to my limit)

Capital One (won't grow with you, won't PC you, won't CLI you) ----> you got it right......

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh... Discover. I sort of have a love/hate relationship with them.

I was in school and maxed out my fed assistance so I had to go private. The market just crashed and I was having the hardest time getting a private lender for school even though my payment record was good (high student debt already - duh.... its engineering and isn't going to come cheap...) Discover approved me for a SL - @ 7.75% Smiley Mad

While, I have to be thankful of all the lenders that denied me, Discover approved. I would have not been able to get through that year without them. The 7.75% was a slap in the face when all my other loans were sitting around 5.5% or less. Needless to say, by the time I had to start paying my loans back, I had saved enough to pay them off right away and they hardly made any money off the loan... Smiley Happy

But, now for some reason, when I check their pre approval site, the system cannot find me... Yet, I still get preapprovals for more SL's (yeah right!!!!) monthly... I guess they run off different systems.

So, they are not exactly "blacklisted", but more "brownlisted". I guess you can guess what the "brown" insinuates!!

Maybe we will be friends again in the future...

Message 17 of 30
p-
Valued Contributor

@Razeus wrote:

Which card companies do you refuse to do business with?

Barclay (stingy with the CLI even after years of on time payments and never getting close to my limit)

Capital One (won't grow with you, won't PC you, won't CLI you)

Wells Fargo.  After 15 years, with 6 open accounts and a mortgage, they can't find a way to offer me free checking.  Also, they refused to graduate my secured credit card, even after USAA had given me a 6k limit amex.  I've closed all accounts and am now using strictly USAA and a local CU.  All I have left with them is the mortgage.

B of A.  They never did me wrong, but after seeing all of the trouble my fellow fico heads have had with them, I've intentionally avoided them.  

Capital One is on probation.  They haven't really grown with me, but did give me a nice starting CL when my scores were marginal, and my Orchard card has grown incrementally.  It's also nice to have a card with no currency conversion fee in case I need it.  They do have PC offers occaisonally, so I might be able to PC to a better card as my scores improve.  Since my C1 platinum rewards is no AF, there's no reason to fire them quite yet.

USAA and Chase are on my wall of fame.  USAA has been stellar, and Chase has been cool about CLI's etc.  They moved me up fairly quickly, and when they denied me for the Sapphire, the recon rep was extremely helpful in identifying the specific obstacles on my report.  Coincidentally they are also my two highest credit limits.

***Edited to add B of A

Message 18 of 30
p-
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Wells Fargo - had ckg acct for over ten yrs., then they started charging mo fee, and claimed that "everyone was or will be." Well, my local bank doesn't and in fact gives me interest. 

They did the same to me.  And got fired.  :-D

Message 19 of 30
clownfico
Valued Member

Discover. I'd an account that it for some unexplainable reason cut my limit while carrying a high balance. This action resulted in ungodly over-the-limit fee per billing cycle for several months. I made-up my mind then that I'll never business with the company again, and haven't! 

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.