cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who here has Capital One's prime Venture card and what was your initial CL?

tag
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

Who here has Capital One's prime Venture card and what was your initial CL?

n/t

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
avv7c0
Regular Contributor

Re: Who here has Capital One's prime Venture card and what was your initial CL?

I'll be applying for mine early next week, so stay tuned, and I'll report back.

----------------------------------------------------------
Fico Scores:
EQ - 811 (Feb '14)
TU - 829 (Mar '14)
EX - 814 (Mar '12) - Lender Pull
Message 2 of 8
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

I don't have the Venture  but the No Hassle Cash Back. I received a CL of $7500. At the time (Aug 2010), I had no recent inquiries and a FICO EQ of 764.I think having no inquiries helped me get a nice initial CL. With Cap. One it seems there aren't any customer-initiated CLIs currently. I charge about $200 on this card and pay it off. I am not sure if it will grow with me and my current spending habits. If it doesn't, my CL is still good enough to make me want to keep the card for the long run.

Most discussion on here is about Cap. One's rebuilder/starter cards and not their prime cards. There is nothing wrong with that. However, I hope we'll hear from other Cap One holders with prime cards as I would also like to know how they treat their customers of their better/best cards in the long run.

Message 3 of 8
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

I hate Cap 1. Even if they ever offered me a card with a 100k credit line I would tell them to stuff it. When my credit was bad, they abused me financially and emotionally. Their CSR;s were horrible and talked down to me as if I was worth nothing all because my credit was not the best. In my eyes, they can rot in h*ll.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 4 of 8
avv7c0
Regular Contributor

OK, so I applied today. $7.5K initial CL, but the APR is grim... 19.9%. Fortunately, I won't carry a balance on it, I'm just using it for the "miles", but this would be a big negative to someone looking to carry a balance.

I wonder if my APR is higher due to the number of inquiries I have? Not sure, but I wanted $7.5k or more, so I'm satisfied. I plan to use the card for pretty much everything, instead of my debit card, so maybe they will auto CLI in the future. Or maybe not. For now, we spend about $6,000 a month, so this is sufficient.

HTH

Fico Scores:
EQ - 811 (Feb '14)
TU - 829 (Mar '14)
Message 5 of 8
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Are the Venture cards a signature card or is it a traditional visa, if it's a signature card, are they reporting CL's?

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 6 of 8
avv7c0
Regular Contributor

Yes, they are Signature cards with all the benefits, and while I dont have mine yet, the report here on these forums is that they do NOT report a CL.
Fico Scores:
EQ - 811 (Feb '14)
TU - 829 (Mar '14)
Message 7 of 8
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

If you get a CL of 5K or above, it'll be a Signature or a World card.

Otherwise a Platinum for below.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.