cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is US Bank, and why do they think that I have excellent credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who is US Bank, and why do they think that I have excellent credit?

I have had a checking account with them since they bought out our home town bank about 6 years ago.  About a year ago, all of a sudden, they show up with a $1500 CL bank card on my credit report and bank statements.  I called the bank and asked what it was.  They said they issued me a $1500 extention account to my checking account.  They didn't even ask me if I wanted it or even do a hard hit.  It is nice to have that extra protection and I appreciate the extra protection........I don't ever have to worry about bouncing a check nor do I need to keep a close watch on my balances.

Customer service is great, everyone is very friendly.  I usually go through the drive through but one day I went inside and before I left they asked me if I had my dog with me today.  I was amazed they even remember that I had a dog. I said yes plus I got a another one now.  They all wanted to see the new puppy.  Now every time I go inside, they hand me 2 dog treats with my cash. 

I know i am not just a number with them, but a real person!
Message 11 of 30
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Good Lord, Topshelf, I didn't know that businesses like this still existed! Smiley Surprised
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 30
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

I have a Visa with them they pulled Experian here in Kansas...There ok I like BOA better if anything changes on your report I mean anything they will lower your creditline without telling ya and Lower it to half of your limit they lowered mine when I had a dispute with the CRA. I've had better experience with BOA .
Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank is the 6th bank by assets in the United States (NYSE:USB).

One of the bank's Buffet made some investments in recently in USB.

They issue the Northwest Airlines World Perks Visa cards, and multiple other very nice cards.
Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been banking with them for a few years and I think They're a good bank. I apped for a credit card a couple of years ago but was denied. Now everytime I go in the bank the woman that told me my credit scores were to low is now trying to get me to apped for 1 now. I know of 3 people that has the card and all 3 says it's they're main credit card. My brother has the card with a $15,000 credit limit up from $10,000 a couple of months ago. If I didn't have 9 credit cards right now I would app for a us bank credit card but it's time to work on getting my average history up,
Message 15 of 30
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

Well USBANK is a good bank afterall lol I called when they lowered my credit line because of a dispute on CRA and the rep within two days put my credit line back. So outcome is good with USBANK. I take back all the bad things I said about you USBANK !
Message 16 of 30
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:
ilecs and bradfordhog, I realize that your accounts are pretty old, but do you know who they pulled? I wouldn't mind having a TU pull...

Have no clue as to US Bank pulled....didn't care about credit prior to August 07.
Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

they pull ex in ohio
Message 18 of 30
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:
ilecs and bradfordhog, I realize that your accounts are pretty old, but do you know who they pulled? I wouldn't mind having a TU pull...

And thanks, everyone, for all the other info. I'm very much on the fence about this one. And I still don't get WGMC's saying that this is a tough bank to get in with. Don't see that so far.

Pulled TU for me (NJ). I have 2 cards with US Bank and am quite happy with them. Excellent customer service!
[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 19 of 30
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

ocheosa wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:

And thanks, everyone, for all the other info. I'm very much on the fence about this one. And I still don't get WGMC's saying that this is a tough bank to get in with. Don't see that so far.

Pulled TU for me (NJ). I have 2 cards with US Bank and am quite happy with them. Excellent customer service!

This reminds me..  while I was doing the Underground RR tour of E/S Indiana, I saw a couple of USBank brick and mortars.  I thought it was funny how plain and small-town'ish they looked!  I got the same, or at least similar, offer as HTSU. 

I'm glad to hear they have great customer service!  When it's time for me to hunt and gather a few more cards, they will definitely be on my wish list!  Thanks for reminding me!

P
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.