Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is a rewards fiend?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who is a rewards fiend?

Who out there is a rewards fiend? I'm definitely one now...hehe...i jsut can't get enough. I realized the other, i charge everything but my rent to my reward CCs now....anyone else out there doing the same?
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Who is a rewards fiend?

pjriverap wrote:
Who out there is a rewards fiend? I'm definitely one now...hehe...i jsut can't get enough. I realized the other, i charge everything but my rent to my reward CCs now....anyone else out there doing the same?

MeMeMeMeME!

A co-worker and really good friend came to me at school today to tell me she didn't have enough gas to pick up her child and get to the bank.  (She's having some life issues at the moment.)  I gave her the keys to the car to get a card out my wallet and told her in which order I would prefer her to pick.  "Don't use the BofA Amex, it's still at zero, avoid Target Visa, but you're welcome to take Disc Doggie Bones and then Travelocity MC as a backup!"

I'm even making my friends use my rewards appropriately!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

pjriverap wrote:

Yep, I use rewards cards for absolutely everything except rent, electric, and natural gas (only because rent doesn't accept them and electric and natural gas charge convenience fees that are higher than the rewards I would receive).
Message 3 of 23
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

cheddar wrote:

pjriverap wrote:

Yep, I use rewards cards for absolutely everything except rent, electric, and natural gas (only because rent doesn't accept them and electric and natural gas charge convenience fees that are higher than the rewards I would receive).

Yes I remember figuring the difference.  I was so sad when I couldn't pay the gas bill with the card.  They need to fix this!  Smiley Happy

-P
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@pjriverap wrote:

I had a similar issue re: utilities, but now I use the chase billpay...works like a charm w/ 3 % cash back!
Message 5 of 23
heirophant
Established Contributor

cheddar wrote:

pjriverap wrote:

Say what?  What electric company?  I have never had any utility charge a fee for using a CC.  And I have paid rent with a CC at a big apartment complex I lived in while in Seattle.  Now that's some good rewards.
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Say what? What electric company? I have never had any utility charge a fee for using a CC. And I have paid rent with a CC at a big apartment complex I lived in while in Seattle. Now that's some good rewards.

I'm jealous on the rent thing....
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

heirophant wrote:

Say what?  What electric company?  I have never had any utility charge a fee for using a CC.  And I have paid rent with a CC at a big apartment complex I lived in while in Seattle.  Now that's some good rewards.

ConEdison in NYC.  I think the fee is like $4.95.  If I regularly had electric bills greater than $165 I'd be all over it with Chase Freedom @ 3% cashback.

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here, especially electronics rewards... lol!!   Have the same problem with the utilities. 5.95 convenience fee to pay by CC.  They get auto-debited from checking.
Message 9 of 23
vanilla
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@heirophant wrote:
Say what? What electric company? I have never had any utility charge a fee for using a CC. And I have paid rent with a CC at a big apartment complex I lived in while in Seattle. Now that's some good rewards.

@ConEdison in NYC. I think the fee is like $4.95. If I regularly had electric bills greater than $165 I'd be all over it with Chase Freedom @ 3% cashback.

Yeah the utility co I work for has the same 4.95 fee. It's actually charged by the company that processes CC payments (Speedpay, which is probably also the one your utility co uses), not by us. anywho, I also LOVE my rewards.Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.