Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is inquiry sensitive?

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Who is inquiry sensitive?

@missjae wrote:
I think that whether a lender is sensitive to inquiries will depend on your overall profile. There are some exceptions, but generally, what is too much for me may not be too much for you and so on. I have gotten approvals with 30 inquiries...the approvals are with decent limits. Other people could get denied with less.

While companies may give you several reasons for denial, it still depends on your credit picture as a whole which makes it hard to compare sometimes.

+1

Every lender has their own/different criteria and every individual's profile is different - even if there could be a slight similarity between 2 profiles, the oucome will still vary.

Message 21 of 39
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

Is it being suggested that credit card companies don't show patterns like weight of inquiries in the approval process?

That'd be fairly odd. 

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 22 of 39
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Barclays Barclays and Barclays, lol!!!!

If you get Barclays, or have gotten then, don't app for anything for 6 months and 1 day after opening the card! They are known to close without warning, and CLD! Be careful Smiley Happy
Message 23 of 39
ptilda
Established Contributor

Target Red declined me for 5

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 24 of 39
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Barclays Barclays and Barclays, lol!!!!

If you get Barclays, or have gotten then, don't app for anything for 6 months and 1 day after opening the card! They are known to close without warning, and CLD! Be careful Smiley Happy

Forgot about them, LOL!

I assumed OP was only asking about new accounts.

Some could care less about inquiries and will keep asking until getting a yes.

I'm really conservative and only floated one App every 6 months while rebuilding. Between divorce and poor management, I'd messed things up pretty well. I really had to go slow, get an education, do repair, let time heal the report, and learn proper use of credit.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 39
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@MontegoMack wrote:

Is it being suggested that credit card companies don't show patterns like weight of inquiries in the approval process?

That'd be fairly odd. 

All of them do.  A lot depends on their proprietary algorithms and the weighted risks associated with your overal profile.

Message 26 of 39
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Drkaje....
Hey don't feel bad... We've all been there at some point in our life! Obviously... From my siggy mine was kinda recent. But .... I've been very aggressive in rebuilding since. Started day of bk discharge. Still cleaning up reports, and making some progress Smiley Happy
Message 27 of 39
Jimmy9224
Contributor

I do hear that Barclay is pretty sensitive, however, I just applied yesterday for the Barclay Apple financing card and got approved for $2000 and I have 11 inquirys on my Transunion.. 6 Of those coming this year. 

My wallet : Amex Zync NPSL , Discover More $3500, BankAmericard Cash Rewards $1000, Walmart Discover $1400, Chase Freedom $1000, Capital one Platinum $1000, Macy's Store card $100, Amazon Store card $1400, Southwest rapid rewards $5000, Marriot Visa $5000. Barclay Apple $1200
Message 28 of 39
kaskuli
Regular Contributor

credit 8/8 instant approvals

women .... three inqs in the last 12 months .... 2 denials , they wanted me to recon but I don't like to grovel or chase after girls ... 1  7-10 day message pending manual review

$26500 Amex EDP / $20000 Merrill+ / $12000 Chase Sapphire Preferred / $12000 Chase British Airways / $7500 Barclays Arrival+ / $7500 FIA Amex / $7500 Paypal Extras MC / $7000 Chase Freedom / $3500 Discover It
Message 29 of 39
myjourney
Super Contributor

@kaskuli wrote:

credit 8/8 instant approvals

women .... three inqs in the last 12 months .... 2 denials , they wanted me to recon but I don't like to grovel or chase after girls ... 1  7-10 day message pending manual review

ROFLOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.