cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is offering Good Visa Black Card?

tag
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

Re: Who is offering Good Visa Black Card?

CS800, I haven't had the chance to compare the two since I haven't used the Ritz Carlton Visa just yet, but I will put it to good use when I go to Vegas in November.  The annual fee is $395, the AMEX Platinum is $495.  I already had the platinum and the benefits I've received from AMEX so far ($200 credit, airport lounge access, etc.), the Ritz Carlton Visa offiers. 

This past week I was in the Outter Banks for vacation and used my AMEX to rent a car.  As soon as I showed the Avis Rep my AMEX card, I was asked by the Avis Rep if I wanted to upgrade my intermediate car to a Dodge Durango SUV or Mini Van at no extra charge. Not sure if it was the card or he was having a good morning.  Who knows what goes through individuals minds.

But I will post a review on the Ritz Carlton after I put some use on it. 

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Strepthroat wrote:

CS800, I haven't had the chance to compare the two since I haven't used the Ritz Carlton Visa just yet, but I will put it to good use when I go to Vegas in November.  The annual fee is $395, the AMEX Platinum is $495.  I already had the platinum and the benefits I've received from AMEX so far ($200 credit, airport lounge access, etc.), the Ritz Carlton Visa offiers. 

This past week I was in the Outter Banks for vacation and used my AMEX to rent a car.  As soon as I showed the Avis Rep my AMEX card, I was asked by the Avis Rep if I wanted to upgrade my intermediate car to a Dodge Durango SUV or Mini Van at no extra charge. Not sure if it was the card or he was having a good morning.  Who knows what goes through individuals minds.

The annual fee for an Amex Plat is 450 plus 175 for up to 3 additional cards. http://www304.americanexpress.com/getthecard/learn-about/Platinum-Card?btct=SJHP_hero_chargecompare

Message 12 of 14
CS800
Super Contributor

@Strepthroat wrote:

Strep, the AMEX Plat is $450 AF. I just paid it Smiley Happy

But you're right, the privileges it gets you are amazing. I did read on FT that the AMEX Plat had way more perks than the Visa Black

Message 13 of 14
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I saw that...I upgraded from the Gold and only had to pay $95 since I did the upgrade about 7 months after receiving the Gold......that's why I forgot it was $450.   

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.