Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is on your blacklist?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Who is on your blacklist?

marinevietvet wrote:
I don't have a blacklist. I've had both good and bad experiences with all my creditors at one time or another.

Same here. No real blacklist, although I closed my (Barclay's) Barnes and Noble when the rep let slip that it wasn't eligible for a consumer-initiated CLI from the breath-taking $500 initial limit.

Now as for a fecal chart, as opposed to an outright blacklist, that's different! --definitely the wacko Sears MC, that froze my account, that has given me one CLI in two and a half years, rocketing me to $1800, that has no rewards worth speaking of, and that when I requested GW for a 30 via their online messaging system, interpreted it as a dispute and reported it as such to all 3 bureaus.

Chase isn't making me smile, having switched me to the Freedom, only for me to discover that the Freedom rewards program is no more, and they still haven't put me on the new rewards yet, plus the hard pull for a CLI. But it's a decent CL ($3500), and I'll use it for plane tickets and for presents, if I'm ever allowed to participate in the Ultimate Non-Rewards program. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I won't put Capital one on my blacklist, even though CLI are few and far between, or non-existent in most cases, but because I can always count on them to be there Smiley Happy

However I will put Chase on that list Smiley Very Happy and I wanted a Kohls card to until I found out who backed them Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 22
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I won't put Capital one on my blacklist, even though CLI are few and far between, or non-existent in most cases, but because I can always count on them to be there Smiley Happy

However I will put Chase on that list Smiley Very Happy and I wanted a Kohls card to until I found out who backed them Smiley Sad

+1    Cap One should only be put on the wall of shame.   Out of all my cards, my $750 Cap One card is the one I can depend on to be there without using it.  

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the top of the list - AMEX - oh yeah you better believe it. Denied twice and have no baddies, clean always on time payments and no lates on the AMEX acct that I am an AU for. I told the CSR to actually note down that I WILL NEVER GIVE MY BUSINESS TO THEM!!!! #$%$#^ AMEX.

Secondly, First Premier Bank! It has to be! Got the card (what seems eons ago) and it came with inbuilt fees of $150+ with a CL of a measly $250. What didnt settle well with me was that they actually charged you $7 and $11 to make PAYMENTS!!! They charge you money because you are giving THEM money!!! WTH?? Never heard of that one!!! Right away I PIF'd the card and closed it in Jan of this year! 

HSBC is another one - a whopping 300CL with a $39 AF!!! I have CC's with thousands in CL's and NO AF!!! This card is getting closed in November!!!

Message 14 of 22
Tons_of_Debt
Established Contributor

Capital One - Probably on their blacklist too.

wmarat - Why PayPal?

08/01/2008 - 472 EQ; 523 TU; 454 EX
03/01/2009 - 574 EQ
08/08/2009 - 648 EQ
01/27/2010 - 671 EQ
07/04/2010 - 713 EQ
01/05/2011 - 730 EQ
05/14/16 - 762 EX
Message 15 of 22
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

On the top of the list - AMEX - oh yeah you better believe it. Denied twice and have no baddies, clean always on time payments and no lates on the AMEX acct that I am an AU for. I told the CSR to actually note down that I WILL NEVER GIVE MY BUSINESS TO THEM!!!! #$%$#^ AMEX.

Secondly, First Premier Bank! It has to be! Got the card (what seems eons ago) and it came with inbuilt fees of $150+ with a CL of a measly $250. What didnt settle well with me was that they actually charged you $7 and $11 to make PAYMENTS!!! They charge you money because you are giving THEM money!!! WTH?? Never heard of that one!!! Right away I PIF'd the card and closed it in Jan of this year! 

HSBC is another one - a whopping 300CL with a $39 AF!!! I have CC's with thousands in CL's and NO AF!!! This card is getting closed in November!!!

Did you ask for a recon?  I was denied twice, but after the second time, I called and plead my case. I was approve a day later for $2000. 

Message 16 of 22
score_building
Senior Contributor

marinevietvet wrote:
I don't have a blacklist. I've had both good and bad experiences with all my creditors at one time or another.

+1

wmarat the only one on your list that brings pause is Alliant.  i can't remember what your issues with them have been.

i wouldn't app a US based hsbc product after all the cs etc. horror stories about them i hear but i never have had one either.

everyone else has been mixed- more good than bad, i feel pretty lucky in that sense. 

cap1 builder cc has become a bit trifling, however that is to be expected.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 17 of 22
armymom
Regular Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

Same here.  If I had to pick a least favorite card it would be my Orchard because of their small CLI and $79 AF.  But I wouldn't put them on a blacklist.  They have helped me rebuild so I can't complain.

Filed BK 07/07/15 Discharged 10/07/15
Starting scores 11/2015 EQ 567 TU 487 EX 531
Current scores 02/2017 EQ 649, TU 642, EX 651

Cap 1 QS 5000 Cap 1 QS 6500, PenFed Promise 2500, NFCU GoRewards 8000 NFCU CLOC 4000
In the garden until 2018
Message 18 of 22
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@armymom wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

Same here.  If I had to pick a least favorite card it would be my Orchard because of their small CLI and $79 AF.  But I wouldn't put them on a blacklist.  They have helped me rebuild so I can't complain.

I feel the same way about my Direct Merchants Back MC (also HSBC). They helped me a lot so I have no reason to complain. The account is 10 years old and still ticking. The APR stinks, but I did manage to ditch the AF.

Message 19 of 22
marty56
Super Contributor

BofA

AE

BofA

BofA

BofA

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.