cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is "Household Credit Services" and why did they hard-pull me twice??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who is "Household Credit Services" and why did they hard-pull me twice??

On the 31st I see a hard-pull from "HOUSEHOLD CREDIT SERVICES" for Equifax at 2980 Meade Ave Ste A   - Las Vegas, NV and then I saw that they requested another hard-pull AGAIN FROM EQUIFAX.

Who are these people? And why are they HP'ing my EQ??

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who is "Household Credit Services" and why did they hard-pull me twice??

@Anonymous wrote:

On the 31st I see a hard-pull from "HOUSEHOLD CREDIT SERVICES" for Equifax at 2980 Meade Ave Ste A   - Las Vegas, NV and then I saw that they requested another hard-pull AGAIN FROM EQUIFAX.

ocboy, if you did not apply for anything it could be ID Theft ...  What do you think?

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

ocboy, if you did not apply for anything it could be ID Theft ...  What do you think?

I dont know. The only cards I've recently applied for were by HSBC. And I know they're located in Nevada. Just not sure if they're in LV, or if they're going by "Household Credit Services"....Maybe i should write a letter to the address on the inquiry and ask what's up?

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe household, hsbc and orchard are all the same company.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont know. The only cards I've recently applied for were by HSBC. And I know they're located in Nevada. Just not sure if they're in LV, or if they're going by "Household Credit Services"....Maybe i should write a letter to the address on the inquiry and ask what's up?

That might be work ...

Message 5 of 12
danababy98
Valued Member

household is hsbc

TU-656 EQ-686 EX-655
Message 6 of 12
keith021
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just noticed on yesterday that I also have a hard inquiry from "Household Credit Services" which is HSBC. The inquiry date is; 04/05/2010 on my EQ report. I haven't applied for any credit products this month with HSBC. I have an Orchard Bank CC and Best Buy Rewards MC with HSBC. I called the backdoor number found on myFICO on yesterday, but the overseas rep. wasn't any help and only pulled up my previous applications which I recalled.

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 12
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

They proabably pulled your report if you inquired for a CLI of any kind. Beware, many companies are doing this. I inquired of a CLI with Macy's (got it) but inquired of the potential for a hard pull before I proceeded. I was told no, Macy's pull an Experian report exclusively and after the conversation I immediately checked my Experian report in their site and there the inquiry was. I called back and tried to get it recoded to a soft as I informed the supervisor that I asked prior if it was a hard pull.... the rep said "no", then a hard pull was done. They supervisor would not recode the pull even though I pulled their teeth to get it done.

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here...

I got a notification and when i checked i saw a hard inquiry on my report as well from the same company. This concerns me because i do not know who they are or how they got my information. It also knocked my credit score down and now i have to write a letter to dispute it. I have never heard of them. How do i stop unwanted scam companies from checking my information when i have never applied for them to inquire???
Message 9 of 12
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

A credit freeze should stop pulls I believe, but it also may stop pulls you do actually approve unless you lift the freeze. I am not sure, but they may charge for that. I'm sure someone else will chime in with more info.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.