Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is still lending?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who is still lending?

Just wanted to start a thread where everybody could share their recent experience of applying for new credit and getting decent ammounts. i'm thinking of applying for some new cards now and want to know your opinion which CCC are still lending money. Called US BANK yesterday and got an increase from 10000 to 14500, I've been with them for 6 mo and have a 2 year old credit history! Do you know of any other banks that give decent ammounts these days?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Who is still lending?

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wanted to start a thread where everybody could share their recent experience of applying for new credit and getting decent ammounts. i'm thinking of applying for some new cards now and want to know your opinion which CCC are still lending money. Called US BANK yesterday and got an increase from 10000 to 14500, I've been with them for 6 mo and have a 2 year old credit history! Do you know of any other banks that give decent ammounts these days?

most of my recent apps where i was approved for healthy CLs have been CU CC.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 10
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Might want to look at the more recent posts on this thread, see if it has some of the kind of info you're looking for:

What Have You Been Approved for Recently?

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Called US BANK yesterday and got an increase from 10000 to 14500, I've been with them for 6 mo and have a 2 year old credit history!

Wow a 2 yr credit history and you recieved a CLI to $14,500

Congrats

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the US Bank CLI - that's pretty impressive! Did you have to let them do a hard pull to get that, or did they just offer it without a pull? I thought they'd only give inq-free CLIs of $1500 every six months (used to be every three), so to get a CLI like that is fantastic! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I asked them to do a hard pull. I requested a 20 000 limit and they said they could give me 3000 increase+ 1500 automatic increase which would give me 14 500 total limit and they were going to review the application again to see if they could give 20 000. I'm still waiting for a letter. I'm new to this country so as some of my friends, they applied recently with only one card and a 1 year old credit history and both were approved for 7000 with US BANK. I'm thinkin of applying more, that is why I want to know about who is giving good creditcards with decent limits to people with excellent credit history TODAY. If you've been approved for any of those RECENTLY, please, share)

Message 6 of 10
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Lexa wrote:

No, I asked them to do a hard pull. I requested a 20 000 limit and they said they could give me 3000 increase+ 1500 automatic increase which would give me 14 500 total limit and they were going to review the application again to see if they could give 20 000. I'm still waiting for a letter. I'm new to this country so as some of my friends, they applied recently with only one card and a 1 year old credit history and both were approved for 7000 with US BANK. I'm thinkin of applying more, that is why I want to know about who is giving good creditcards with decent limits to people with excellent credit history TODAY. If you've been approved for any of those RECENTLY, please, share)

Okay, my bad for posting pre-breakfast-tea, this a.m. - should have looked at the thread I gave you to make sure it had newer posts on it than it apparently has; I thought folks had posted there in the last several days.  Turns out I grabbed the wrong thread - 2 had similar titles on them.  this is the thread I meant to link for you.

However, you might want to define 'recently' - some folks may interpret that as within the last year, others within the last week.  Giving us your own parameters on "recently" will help the right people respond to you.

Message Edited by Scamp on 06-06-2009 01:10 PM

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover and Citibank are still giving decent CLs. Neither was as generous with me as US Bank, however. Also, you might want to try Alliant CU or a local CU. 
Message Edited by VEEnVEGAS on 06-07-2009 11:02 AM
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I was also thinking of CHASE, BMW, PENFED and BOA... does anybody knows how those are lending these days?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for this info.

(edited to remove image. kooota, please do not insert such images in your posts.)

Message Edited by Scamp on 06-07-2009 04:30 PM
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.