Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who pulls EQ only?

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Who pulls EQ only?

Reason why I asked is the on my EX report from experian.com. Although its a FAKO, It says I dont have much credit line.

That's true, my highest CL is $1100 and my total revolving (active total) is a poor $1900.

I just got two AMEX's but they are charge cards (1 hard pull for both).

Mid to high FICO's.

Any suggestions on how to get a decent CL?

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who pulls EQ only?

bbrzmc i think just pulled equifax for me..

Message 2 of 28
CS800
Super Contributor

Oh Shoot not them

I have had a gold BBRZMC for the past 3.5 years and always denied a CLI. Card has been in good standing all the time.

According to EX, I need more credit. My CL on my cards are too low (highest being $1100)

Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

google whogavemecredit or credit pulls .... It really depends on your state and the product. I think even target sometimes does only equifax

Message 4 of 28
CS800
Super Contributor

I'm currently at 75% util on my revolving according to myfico. I should get it at least below 50%. That ought to give me a good boost in score.

Message 5 of 28
sheaoaurus
Established Member

Amex gave you a charge card when you had 75% utilization? Wow - they always denied me in the past for "high utilization" and "in out estimation, the amount that you have paid on your cards in the past 12 months was not enough." 

MyFico Equifax 10?20 - 732

What's in my Wallet: Amex Zync | Amex BCP | Chase Freedom | Bank of America Power Rewards 123 | Banana Republic Visa | Capital One |
Message 6 of 28
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Reason why I asked is the on my EX report from experian.com. Although its a FAKO, It says I dont have much credit line.

That's true, my highest CL is $1100 and my total revolving (active total) is a poor $1900.

I just got two AMEX's but they are charge cards (1 hard pull for both).

Mid to high FICO's.

Any suggestions on how to get a decent CL?

Not having it yet myself (but seriously looking at the possibility).  I think NFCU pulls EQ 90% of the time. I know you know of them (you mentioned on another post about answering your own question lol).  If you could possibly get in with them, they sound decent with very good CLs.

I didn't look up what you may have posted for some history, I'll just give my 2 cents Smiley Wink.  If you don't have many (hopefully none) negatives, do have a decent income and a bit of history and can get your util below maybe 30% you might want to put NFCU on your short list.  If you know anyone that could possibly allow you as a co-applicant that would be your best chance (I know, that's like saying "If you have the map to the needle in the haystack it's easier to find the needle.")...

Otherwise, unlike PenFed (they also usually pull EQ but getting their card is also like pulling teeth), they don't offer the "buy in" membership on the side. Only Grandparents, Parents, Siblings, Children, Spouses, household members etc will get you in (I may be very wrong, but I don't think they have to be members or invite you).  You may have already found some of that info here.  I also don't know what state you're in so other than PenFed and NFCU  I'd hate to guess for EQ.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 7 of 28
CS800
Super Contributor

NFCU is good if you can get in.

PSECU requires that you have no open collection (even if youre paying them.)

Most CU in MA use EX and they will see that i have an open CO and would like to see it closed (just like psecu) before they offer you any product

I jusy need a card with higher credit !! 

Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

PSECU requires that you have no open collection (even if youre paying them.)

That's not literally true, they'll approve some people with active collections.  I suspect it is a case-by-case basis and probably related to the age of the collections.

Message 9 of 28
CS800
Super Contributor

Collection is 2006.

I spoke to the Loan officer and she was very adamant that they would not provide any credit products if there is an open collcetion even if it is being paid.

Thing is this collection is due to fall off my EX Dec 2012 as per Experian.

So now you got me thinking. My collection is old.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.