Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who pulls EQ only?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who pulls EQ only?

Brand new PSECU Visa this week;  two collections from ~2005, one paid and one for which it would be a cold day in.... you get the idea.

My experience does not match what you were told.

Message 11 of 28
CS800
Super Contributor

Man, I'm calling them back. That's not cool what she said to me verbatum 'If you didnt have this collection, we certainly could have done something'

And this account went to collection in Jan 2006.

And she said again verbatum 'With PSECU, you need to have all your collections paid in full for us to offer you a credit card or a line of credit'

Message 12 of 28
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Brand new PSECU Visa this week;  two collectioms from ~2005, one paid and one for which it would be a cold day in.... you get the idea.

So one of these collection that you havent paid is probably going to drop off next year?

Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best of luck, just don't cite me too directly-  it shouldn't be too hard for them to figure out which of their new customers I am and I certainly am not trying to cause them any trouble Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Brand new PSECU Visa this week;  two collectioms from ~2005, one paid and one for which it would be a cold day in.... you get the idea.

So one of these collection that you havent paid is probably going to drop off next year?

The unpaid drops off in February.

Message 15 of 28
CS800
Super Contributor

I just call them and their loan officers dont work on week ends so I have to call back on Monday.

Even this person told me that they need to see collections PIF...blahhh

I will just say i am aware of people with collections getting VISA cards. I wont use any other specific info.

Sorry to be pumped up but someone in PSECU needs to own up to this one Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

I just call them and their loan officers dont work on week ends so I have to call back on Monday.

Even this person told me that they need to see collections PIF...blahhh

I will just say i am aware of people with collections getting VISA cards. I wont use any other specific info.

Sorry to be pumped up but someone in PSECU needs to own up to this one Smiley Happy

That seems to be a little over the top, why don't you just apply online and see if you sneak in?

Message 17 of 28
CS800
Super Contributor

Well these guys review the applications, so if they are telling me that they wont approve if I have an open collection, why take the hard hit?

I want to make sure that this collection will not be a big deal or else I'd be applying knowing that they wont accept the application.

Its not over the top. If one thing I have learn from credit repair is to ask as many questions so as to prevent unnecessary hits. I'd rather be safe rather than getting a hit and knowing it was my own stupidity and i knew they would not accept my app.

Message 18 of 28
jla84
Regular Contributor

PenFed pulled EQ only, and so did Discover (I thought they would pull TU, but the only inq I have from them is on EQ - I'm in NY)

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 28
CS800
Super Contributor

@jla84 wrote:

PenFed pulled EQ only, and so did Discover (I thought they would pull TU, but the only inq I have from them is on EQ - I'm in NY)

Is PenFed generous with their initial CL? I see that your FICO's are very high.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.