Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who pulls TU?

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Who pulls TU?

Here's a list of the diff Barclays cards: http://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/issuer36.php

Their Rewards MC and Priceline are 2 of the more popular ones. It really does depend on what type of rewards you're looking for. After I got the Rewards MC, I realized that Priceline actually has a really good rewards program and can be redeemed for statement credit, which is what I like. They don't PC as a general rule, so it's best to do thorough research before you app.

Many have a sign-up bonus.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 11 of 20
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Check out the NFL Extras cards...I've seen up to $200 sign up bonuses for it.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 12 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

BOFA rarely pulls TU for account opening, and not for anyone in CA to my knowledge assuming they've lived here for a reasonable amount of time.  BOFA does reliably pull TU though for CLI's, which if your Transunion report tends to be grossly underutilized like mine (in S. Cali) then it's not a bad option.  

I think as far as CU's go, EQ > EX > TU honestly, I don't know many that consistently pull TU at least of those that are discussed here on the forum.

        
Message 13 of 20
LesWH
Established Contributor

@daveg38 wrote:

Generally speaking, GECRB (Amazon, Walmart), Barclay's, BofA and occasionally credit unions (who don't use EQ) will pull TransUnion.

That being said, regional factors will also dictate whether Citi or Discover are EX or EQ (respectively) will be used, or both TU.

AMEX you can nearly bet your life will pull Experian.  Occasionally, fax-ins due to freezes diverting the HP could render another report being pulled or viewed.

Capital One likes all three.  In fact, they often pull three simultaneously.  They'd pull your high school transcripts if possible.

The rest of your national issuers are a crapshoot as to what they'll pull.  Again, it's usually a 'regional' thing.

LMAO at pulling high school transcripts if they could!!!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 14 of 20
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

What are Barclay's best cards?

@Dustink wrote:

I like no AF's and large sign-up bonus's. Pretty much all card types are useful at some point to me.

2 Barclays credit cards come to mind for me:

1. Priceline Rewards Visa for 2% cashback.
  2. Barclays NFL Extra Points for $400 signup bonus (after 1k spend in 90 days).
Message 15 of 20
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

What are Barclay's best cards?

@Dustink wrote:

I like no AF's and large sign-up bonus's. Pretty much all card types are useful at some point to me.

2 Barclays credit cards come to mind for me:

1. Priceline Rewards Visa for 2% cashback.
  2. Barclays NFL Extra Points for $400 signup bonus (after 1k spend in 90 days).

Yes, I have the Barclaycard Rewards, and that is inferior to the Priceline (beware there are several versions, some which give 1% rather than 2).  I would also add the ring, as that has an 8% APR with no balance transfer fee (so move balances there after 0% periods on other cards end).

Message 16 of 20
jwduke
Regular Contributor

USAA pulls TU also...

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 17 of 20
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

www.whogavemecredit.com

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 18 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@jwduke wrote:

USAA pulls TU also...

It's seriously once in a blue moon that they do: EQ >>> EX > TU for them looking at the online databases.  I really don't know why they're so heavily biased that way assuming they do pull all three, unless they get deep discounts from EQ, but they're known to pretty much pull EQ exclusively.

        
Message 19 of 20
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@jwduke wrote:

USAA pulls TU also...

USAA almost always pulls EQ.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.