cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who reports statement balance, who reports end-of-month balance, who's unpredictable?

tag
pdxuser
Contributor

Who reports statement balance, who reports end-of-month balance, who's unpredictable?

Apparently not all CCCs report your statement balance to the CRAs. Some report end-of-month balances, some report at another fixed date, some are unpredictable. I'm trying to figure out who reports what. The CCCs I'm most interested in are Citi, Chase, Wells and Macys (store card), but perhaps also BofA, US Bank and HSBC. Of course, share others, too (Cap1, PenFed, etc.).
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who reports statement balance, who reports end-of-month balance, who's unpredictable?

HSBC will report what ever the balance is on the account on the last business day of the month.

Citi, Chase, Macy's, BoA, Cap 1 all report when the statement cuts.

I don't have accounts with the other's.

Message 2 of 6
My2cents
Regular Contributor

Re: Who reports statement balance, who reports end-of-month balance, who's unpredictable?

WaMu also report on the statement date.
700 Club Member
Message 3 of 6
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Almost everybody reports the statement balance when the statement closes. The major exception is HSBC - most HSBC accounts report the balance at end of month at that time. Certain HSBC accounts report the statement balance when the statement closes. I have one of the HSBC cards that reports the latter way - Direct Merchants Bank Master Card. I have yet to hear of anybody else who holds this card!
Message 4 of 6
Scamp
Valued Contributor

@pdxuser wrote:
Apparently not all CCCs report your statement balance to the CRAs. Some report end-of-month balances, some report at another fixed date, some are unpredictable. I'm trying to figure out who reports what. The CCCs I'm most interested in are Citi, Chase, Wells and Macys (store card), but perhaps also BofA, US Bank and HSBC. Of course, share others, too (Cap1, PenFed, etc.).

Wells, Chase, US Bank and Macy's report the statement balance on the statement date.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 5 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

American Express reports the balance that shows on your statement, but they don't report it until 4 weeks later. So your posted balances are always almost 2 months behind.

HSBC/ Orchard bank cards do the end of the month thing, but the HSBC Best Buy store card reports the amount on the statement on the statement date.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.