Did you mean: 

Who's been in Amex's FRy'n pan???

tag
Achase
Regular Contributor

Re: Who's been in Amex's FRy'n pan???

interesting

@Anonymous wrote:

About a year ago I ran up $100k in charges across all my credit cards over the course of 4 weeks.  The only response from amex was that all future charges on the gold card would fall into the pay in full category instead of the pay over time category.  I wasn't FR'ed nor did I have any kind of cl decrease.

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

wouldn't that buy a sweet ride!  No, my wife and I with almost no pre-planning bought a condemned home, gutted it and rehabbed it.  we took all the balance transfer checks that we had collected over the months, maxed the cards out by depositing them into our checking account to pay the contractors.  i won't hijack this thread as I've recounted a lot of this story in other posts but needless to say I've spent the last 6 months reading these boards to learn about how to repair a fico score Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

A member here who I haven't seen around in a while took his new Green to Vegas, where he found that he couldn't pull cash with his debit card, as he had used it to reserve his hotel room, and this tied up all his checking account. So anyway, he used the new Green for a cash advance, and boom.

I could swear that he got FR'd a second time a month or so later after using it at traveling gun shows. Passed both times and kept using the card, very happily.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 14
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

NOT ME! im still good. i apped for and was approved for 8 bank cards within a month and a half very recently. (7 prime and one subprime hsbc, i just had to have the cardSmiley Wink all of my cards have reported as well on experian.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.