Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who to call to combine limits on chase cards

tag
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

Who to call to combine limits on chase cards

If I want to consolidate my limits on to one card, can a regular chase csr do that, or do I need to call XO or recon line (I have a contact in XO, but don't want to burden her if a regular csr can do it)? Thanks

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

Re: Who to call to combine limits on chase cards

Sorry I can't help you but would you mind telling what does "combine limit on chase cards" mean?

Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 2 of 15
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

If you have two or more chase cards, there are many reports of people moving some or all of their limit on one card to another. In my case, I have two cards with 5k each. I would like to go to 10k on one card and close the other, keeping my total limit of 10k the same.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 3 of 15
Omri
New Contributor

I'm not positive, but I would guess a regular CSR could do this. When I called to activate my CSP, the representative I was talking to asked if I wanted to increase its CL by moving credit from other cards, so he was apparently authorized to do so.
Recent FICO scores: TU - 755 (mortgage lender pull)
Message 4 of 15
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

What's the benefit of this?

Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 5 of 15
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

@cowboyguy wrote:

a feeling of power with high limits... Smiley Surprised

when i got approved for my CSP,the CSR offered me to move some of my line from my Hyatt Sig Visa since I told her why I was only approved for 5k for CSP while 12k for hyatt.  Before the annual fee hits for CSP, I might transfer all the line to my Freedom card which has only 4500.  Is there such a thing such as a Freedom Mastercard World?

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 6 of 15
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

@cowboyguy wrote:

I will be closing my southwest card, since the CSP offers all the benefits I got from it and it has an annual fee. However, for utilization purposes, I'd like to keep the credit available. Thus, I go from 2 cards with 5k each to 10k total, but save an annual fee.

Message 7 of 15
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@cowboyguy wrote:

if you had a slate card with a lower limit or a limit that is not what you need to do a BT without maxing the card...  if you have a 2k limit and want to BT 1900,  the card would appear maxed out but move 1k of your CL from your freedom card to the slate taking it to a 3k limit your BT of 1900 doesn't set off any red flags with a UTL of 66%. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 8 of 15
riker20
New Contributor

I just recently combined the limits on two of my Chase cards.  I had a Freedom at 30k and a Sapphire at 8k.  Combined them together and now I have a Sapphire at 38k.  Took all of 5 minutes on the phone.  Freedom was carrying a $0 balance for over 30 days, so they let me move it all to the Sapphire.

NFCU Flagship - 50k | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 38k | AMEX BCE - 29.3k | Best Buy Store Card - 21k | Furniture Row - 19.7k | Lowes Card - 16k | NFCU LOC - 15k | Amazon Store - 12k | Macy's - 6000
Message 9 of 15
bmd0224
New Contributor

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

If I want to consolidate my limits on to one card, can a regular chase csr do that, or do I need to call XO or recon line (I have a contact in XO, but don't want to burden her if a regular csr can do it)? Thanks

I have the Mileage Plus Explorer, Sapphire Preferred, and Priority Club Visa from Chase. I have called the number on the back of my Sapphire card and the CSR was really nice and she moved my credit around so that my Sapphire had the most credit. They will move it how ever you like. I think the Visa Sig cards have to have a minimum of 5K remaining but I could be wrong. Easy as 1-2-3. Hope this helps.

Merry Christmas!

01/11/13:
EQ Fico: 716 (from myfico)
TU Fico: 719 (from Walmart)
EX Fico: 719 (from myfico)

Chase Sapphire Pref. II AMEX Platinum II Amex PRG II Amex SPG II Citi AAdvantage II Barclays US Airways II Chase Freedom
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.