Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who waives the FTF?

tag
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Who waives the FTF?

I know PenFed waives it but is there anyone else that will waive FTF. I plan on international travel over the next several years so I don't want to be stuck with high fees if I can avoid it. 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Re: Who waives the FTF?

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

I know PenFed waives it but is there anyone else that will waive FTF. I plan on international travel over the next several years so I don't want to be stuck with high fees if I can avoid it. 

Your Cap One Journey does not have FTF.  This is true of all Capital One cards.  You may want to ask for a CLI if you do not feel your limit is high enough (will be a soft pull).

Other cards with no FTF:

1.  Arrival, CSP, BOA Travel Rewards, Delta Skymiles, Discover (acceptance is iffy depending where you travel), some of the hotel cards, just to name a few....

Message 2 of 13
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

Your Cap One Journey does not have FTF.  This is true of all Capital One cards.  You may want to ask for a CLI if you do not feel your limit is high enough (will be a soft pull).

Other cards with no FTF:

1.  Arrival, CSP, BOA Travel Rewards, Delta Skymiles, Discover (acceptance is iffy depending where you travel), some of the hotel cards, just to name a few....

Just to piggy back on the list, I believe amex platinum doesn't carry FTF anymore, most of the cards with exception of discover, BOA travel rewards, and cap one may carry AF. In general all the airline and hotel cards don't have FTF. I think spg may be the only exception to that rule. 

Edit:spelling grammar

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 13
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the replies! I will be keeping this in mind as time gets closer

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 4 of 13
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

Other cards with no FTF:

I was not aware or at least didn't look at my Journey card....No FTF is huge plus in my book!

Message 5 of 13
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

HSBC also has no FTF on its MasterCard.

Message 6 of 13
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

HSBC also has no FTF on its MasterCard.

i didn't think there was an HSBC any more

Message 7 of 13
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

Sure there is,

http://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/home/personal-banking/credit-cards

HSBC only sold its co-branded cards to Cap 1. They still have their own CC for its client. 

Message 8 of 13
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

Sure there is,

http://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/home/personal-banking/credit-cards

HSBC only sold its co-branded cards to Cap 1. They still have their own CC for its client. 

Interesting! Glad to see they are still around

Message 9 of 13
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

You can also consider credit union. A lot of them only charges 1% FTF. Their customer service should be better than what big banks are providing, which may helps if you need to resolve problems overseas.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.