cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who will pay down balances with Tax Refund?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who will pay down balances with Tax Refund?

techgirl wrote:
and any monies from the President $1600 per couple to slam on those credit cards.

I don't want any "extra" money from the Pres. There is no extra money. I want them to balance the da*m budget, and quit spending money that isn't there.

I don't get it. If we ran up CC's and didn't pay we'd get horrible scores. I we don't pay for our houses they would get repo'd. If we had a business they'd repo and foreclose too. We would have a horrible Cred. Hist. to boot for the next 3-10 years.

I wish we had a FICO score for our govt. spending!!!Smiley Mad
Thanks for letting me rant. Thanks Techgirl too.
Message 11 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I call $350 in balances 'debt'?  Paying Citi this week and DH's AmEx (not included in the $350) for about $37K... $1600 doesn't cover even half my mortgage - so maybe a dinner at Ruth Chris and some shopping (then use it to pay off my card). My retirement I fund via commissions and DH's is set forever.
Message 12 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here-

I normally pay a tiny amount-

fused wrote:
Any return I get will go to beer. lol

Message 13 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tax Refund? Sure would be nice but if you don't pay taxes & don't file returns then sure as heck there won't be a check in the mail.
Message 14 of 35
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@fused wrote:
Any return I get will go to beer. lol

Same here-
I normally pay a tiny amount-

What, a tiny amount for beer? Smiley Very Happy I never got that impression...

I suppose that a bit of our refund going into savings might be diverted. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 35
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I'm paying the IRS off.....hopefully it will cover it.  I don't pay federal taxes because dh gets eaten alive.
Message 16 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

if I get a refund I dont know what I will do with it--maybe some home improvements--I hope my CC debt is where I want it by next month before I even file my taxes
Message 17 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting back close to $2400 (thank god for lifetime learning credits!). I plan to use all of it on my 0% APR USAA MC, which has a balance of $9K...due to me using it to pay off my student loans. It's my only CC debt currently...

I used last year's return of $4K to pay off all my other CCs. I love tax refunds. Unfortunately, I'm no longer a student and next year I will get back nothing probably!! Time to buy a house and finish growing up....hehe
Message 18 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will be paying off CC. Hopefully lowering Util % 15%-20%.
Message 19 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm with Hauling, BEERSmiley Happy and saving a bit, hate taking hits in 401k!!...now that my past taxes are paid it will be nice to get the rebate...curious though how come Head of House doesn't get it?!!  How come it's either single or coupleSmiley Happy

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.