Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who will pull Ex and approve at 698?

tag
headspin
New Contributor

Who will pull Ex and approve at 698?

A friend of mine just pulled her FICO and her highest score was EX, 698.  Right now she has two open trade lines, a auto loan and a credit card but only as an AU.  She is worried that when AU no longer counts her score will go down.  She wants to apply for a CC but not waste INQ's by not getting approved.  The only issues on her report is a collection from Verizon, and a Bankruptcy that was discharged in '99.  What is her best bet?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who will pull Ex and approve at 698?

cccu pulls ex, but try whogavemecredit.com and see if anything else is more desireable.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the collection baddie on her report is very new, it will hurt her. if a few years old, not very much, from what I've learned off this forum. With a score of 698, that's pretty good, imo. If I had that score, and no cc's, I'd stay away from Amex & Discover, and apply for 1 prime lender like a bank, or Credit Union, say for example Bank of America, Chase, or Wells Fargo. Plus a Credit union like CCCU(that's the CU I'm going to be applying for. It's highly recommended here). Capital One would be another one. In any event, she needs to explore the possibilities, and the only way I know how is to apply. BUT WAIT! There IS the BoA's website where you plug in your personal info, and you can see, what, if any cc's you will be preapproved for. THAT'S a great place to start. Only to find the link. lol. I'll post when I find it. IMO, in all likelihood, she'll be approved, UNLESS the baddie is very recent. Good luck to her!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

https://preapproved.bankofamerica.com/cc/SelfInquiry.aspx
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.