cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who would've thought I'd be a fan of Cap1!

tag
L-TWT
Established Contributor

Who would've thought I'd be a fan of Cap1!

A couple of yrs ago, you couldn't pay me to carry a Cap1 CC or be associated with having one, now since opening my Cap1 Cash Rewards CC (Nov 15, 2012), this has turned into my go to CC. So far the rewards have been more than middle of the road & the customer service has been excellent contrary to all the negative reviews I have been reading about.  Now question, does the 50% anniversary bonus include cash back attained VIA "PERK CENTRAL"? if so my other 2 CC's may be socked drawed or cancelled if they have an AF

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Who would've thought I'd be a fan of Cap1!

I love mine too xD
I wanna say no to the perk central rewards, but i haven't gotten my first year bonus yet so i don't know. If it is included I'll be ecstatic. I never even thought about that.
Message 2 of 15
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I don't know either. I haven't got my 50% bonus either yet.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 3 of 15
L-TWT
Established Contributor

I paid my auto Ins., just to capitalize on the one-time $100 cash back bonus W/I the 1st 3 months, and W/I the next 2-3 days a  $100 was posted to me acct, sweet! Also, regular purchase cash back is posted instantly, not after the billing cycle, sweet. All this card is missing is an "EMV Global Chip" for international travel. Hopefully that will be available by 4/2013 when i go away!

Message 4 of 15
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

I've carried the basic  Capital One Visa Platinum since 2000 (no annual fee...8.40 APR....4800 CL), but contacted the Executive Office recently to see what upgrade options I could be considered for (been speaking with them for years....and they know I do try regular CS first, as the software tracks how much you call & document your account). They PC'd me to the Cash Rewards card & this is the card to beat ! 

I also have a State Farm Visa that I use to pay my premiums (since I can get 2 percent back in State Farm dollars to apply to any product, 6 months of Fix Pay @ 2.99, and the redemption to the insurance premium is SWEET....as I simply sock away the money from my checking into my savings). But this will be tested to see if this pays me back better in other ways, as I do enjoy the sensation of folding money in my hands...either way I can get it).

SisterGirl 

SisterGirl
Message 5 of 15
martinkk
Contributor

I've long been a Cap1 fan. I had their VentureOne card since 2008. I recently PC,d it to the cash rewards which I like better. However, it took them so long to raise the CL (they did raise from 3.5k to 7.5k) that, in the midst of all this, I received a NFCU for 10k.  Since Navy gets 1.5 and Cap1 1 with .5 bonus,  I reach for Navy more often now, although I try to put quite a bit through Cap one also. It's must be a mental block though. I never cashed them in more than about once a year anyway.

Message 6 of 15
flowfaster
Established Contributor

I must admit I am only a fan of the Cap One Executive Office.  They took my $750 CL starter card and bumped it to 5K, added the best Cash Rewards program they have and all with no AF.   Now I can keep my oldest card and be happy with it too.  The regular Cap One service is still crap though.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 7 of 15
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

I don't have the Cash rewards card but have considered it for a PC from my old Platinum Mastercard when I'm eligible. I would have assumed the 50% would include bonus rewards from perk central but now I am wondering since you mention it.

If anyone has had enough experience with this card to know whether the 50% bonus covers bonus cash back from prek central, I'd really like to know. 

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 8 of 15
bs6054
Valued Contributor

At least on my card:

How does my anniversary bonus work?

You will be awarded a bonus equal to 50% of your prior year’s rewards earnings on your rewards membership anniversary each year. We will apply your bonus cash back within two billing cycles following your rewards membership anniversary date. Please note: Transferred rewards, bonus rewards and rewards account adjustments do not apply toward the earning of the Anniversary Bonus.

So I read that as saying that the bonus rewards from Perk Central do not count in the 50% bonus, sorry!

Message 9 of 15
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

At least on my card:

How does my anniversary bonus work?

You will be awarded a bonus equal to 50% of your prior year’s rewards earnings on your rewards membership anniversary each year. We will apply your bonus cash back within two billing cycles following your rewards membership anniversary date. Please note: Transferred rewards, bonus rewards and rewards account adjustments do not apply toward the earning of the Anniversary Bonus.

So I read that as saying that the bonus rewards from Perk Central do not count in the 50% bonus, sorry!

Thx 4 the clairifcation/bursting the bubble!Smiley Indifferent

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.