cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whoa... The AAoA increased thanks to Amex.

tag
TheBronxBomber
Regular Contributor

Re: Whoa... The AAoA increased thanks to Amex.

@MrShush wrote:
This is exactly why I dont mind paying their annual fees. My AAoA jumped from 2 to 6 years when my 3 AMEX cards backdated to 1996. That is what put my scores in the high acheiver range. That history is worth damn near every penny!
I pay a total of $1,025 in AF to Amex and it's worth it! My scores have increased because of the relationship with them.

Current myFICO Scores:03/08/12 EQ: 801 • TU: 801 • Bank of America TU FICO: 822 • Credit Karma Vantage: 873

My Wallet: Amex Business Platinum | Amex SPG (5k) | Amex Delta Reserve (33k) | Citi ThankYou Premier World MasterCard (26k) | Chase Mileage Club Visa Signature (15k)
Sock Drawer: Barclay Ring MasterCard (10k) | Discover More (6.5k) | CapitalOne VentureOne (4.5k) | Macy's | Amex Platinum Personal
Message 11 of 19
frogfan12
Established Contributor

$1K a year?

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 12 of 19
TheBronxBomber
Regular Contributor

@frogfan12 wrote:

$1K a year?

I have two personal Amex Cards and one Biz card. They all have a purpose.

Current myFICO Scores:03/08/12 EQ: 801 • TU: 801 • Bank of America TU FICO: 822 • Credit Karma Vantage: 873

My Wallet: Amex Business Platinum | Amex SPG (5k) | Amex Delta Reserve (33k) | Citi ThankYou Premier World MasterCard (26k) | Chase Mileage Club Visa Signature (15k)
Sock Drawer: Barclay Ring MasterCard (10k) | Discover More (6.5k) | CapitalOne VentureOne (4.5k) | Macy's | Amex Platinum Personal
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 3 AmEx cards backdated to 91, and I've been thinking about adding one last AmEx to my portfolio, another 21 years of free history vs the one EX inq, is well worth it to meSmiley Wink

Message 14 of 19
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I definately want to keep my Zync, let it age, and when its nice and aged up, I'll get more AMEX so that my longer account history can be multiplied X 3  Whoo hoo!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 15 of 19
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Message 16 of 19
dharalex
Established Contributor

Just one more reason to love them...not only do they forgive you by not blacklisting you, they are helpful with reporting. They closed my DH account years ago because of paying too slow. We continued to pay on time for 3 years. They never negatively reported us! Then they gave me a revolver and credit card that backdated to 2004. I can't wait for my new BCP to start reporting.

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 19
frogfan12
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 3 AmEx cards backdated to 91, and I've been thinking about adding one last AmEx to my portfolio, another 21 years of free history vs the one EX inq, is well worth it to meSmiley Wink

Hey, wanna add me as an AU? Even though I was a kid in '91. Hahaha.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Message 18 of 19
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@frogfan12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey, wanna add me as an AU? Even though I was a kid in '91. Hahaha.

I swear I was thinking the same thing! Lol.

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.