Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whoo Hoo! NASA Federal Credit Union let me in! :D

tag
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

Whoo Hoo! NASA Federal Credit Union let me in! :D

I got tired of waiting so I finally bit the bullet (ahead of schedule) and applied with them late last night and just got an email welcoming me to the family. My current credit picture is worse than it was two months ago.

My scores are:

Experian Plus: 586

Equifax: 634

TransUnion: 623

My current utilization is HIGH at 69% (thanks in part to my Macy's and Bloomingdale's accounts not getting factored in). After calling and getting my account number a few moments ago I applied for their Visa Classic since it looked easier to get than their "rewards" cards. I asked for $1200. The application has been sent for review so I'm crossing everything crossable! Smiley Very Happy

My report does have a lot of lates from my student loans but at least I got Nelnet to show me some Goodwill with some of the items.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Re: Whoo Hoo! NASA Federal Credit Union let me in! :D

Hi

That is great news. . I thought of applying there but wanted to know what CB did they pull?  It will be interesting to know if you get approved for their MC/Visa.

Keep us posted!

Message 2 of 18
orl2185
Established Contributor

Supa congrats and welcome to nasafcu. I've got a plat visa with them 10k and have gotten cli every year. Started at 8k instant yearly cli no pulls. For me they a great CU, but other members may differ from MO

Message 3 of 18
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

I reside in New Jersey and they pulled Equifax for just the Credit Union membership... I know when all is said and done they're going to pull all 3. I'm a little nervous but at the same time a little relieved that they approved my membership with an Equifax pull because Equifax produces an uglier credit snapshot of my history than Experian and TransUnion.

Message 4 of 18
orl2185
Established Contributor

@FicoScore626 wrote:

I reside in New Jersey and they pulled Equifax for just the Credit Union membership... I know when all is said and done they're going to pull all 3. I'm a little nervous but at the same time a little relieved that they approved my membership with an Equifax pull because Equifax produces an uglier credit snapshot of my history than Experian and TransUnion.

I've read many times about this same concern, but it has never happened to me. They only pulled eq for membership and loan products.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am really interested in weather you got accepted or not for the cc. keep us updated!

Message 6 of 18
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am really interested in weather you got accepted or not for the cc. keep us updated!

Will do!

IF by some amazing miracle they do approve the credit card for at least $800 then First Premier Bank is so FIRED!

And Chase bank will be put on probation because charging me $36 ($12 x 3) this month for electronically transferring money from Savings into Checking is just nasty.

Message 7 of 18
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

@orl2185 wrote:

@FicoScore626 wrote:

I've read many times about this same concern, but it has never happened to me. They only pulled eq for membership and loan products.

You were lucky I guess. Smiley Happy

So far they pulled 2 out of 3 for me. They pulled Equifax for membership and I see that they pulled Experian after I applied for the credit card. I'm Toast.

A denial is pretty much gauranteed now. Smiley Sad    Oh well, better luck next time. Now I wish they had pulled all 3 because my Experian Plus score is a low 586, I can only imagine how low my Experian FICO score is. TransUnion always makes me look better than Equifax and Experian does.

I'll wait for their denial e-mail and then go from there. Since they approved me for a membership I'll use the next few months to try and nurture a good relationship with them and then try again.

Message 8 of 18
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

OP. Congrats for your approval.

Message 9 of 18
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The only good news I have is that I didn't get an instant decline. In fact, they just called my job less than 5 minutes ago requesting a notarized copy of my drivers license or State ID and two recent paystubs.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.