Reply
Frequent Contributor
FicoScore626
Posts: 253
Registered: ‎09-01-2009
0

Whoo Hoo! NASA Federal Credit Union let me in! :D

[ Edited ]

I got tired of waiting so I finally bit the bullet (ahead of schedule) and applied with them late last night and just got an email welcoming me to the family. My current credit picture is worse than it was two months ago.

 

My scores are:

Experian Plus: 586

Equifax: 634

TransUnion: 623

 

My current utilization is HIGH at 69% (thanks in part to my Macy's and Bloomingdale's accounts not getting factored in). After calling and getting my account number a few moments ago I applied for their Visa Classic since it looked easier to get than their "rewards" cards. I asked for $1200. The application has been sent for review so I'm crossing everything crossable! :smileyvery-happy:

 

My report does have a lot of lates from my student loans but at least I got Nelnet to show me some Goodwill with some of the items.

 

Frequent Contributor
Scuba
Posts: 455
Registered: ‎06-08-2008
0

Re: Whoo Hoo! NASA Federal Credit Union let me in! :D

Hi

 

That is great news. . I thought of applying there but wanted to know what CB did they pull?  It will be interesting to know if you get approved for their MC/Visa.

 

Keep us posted!

Established Contributor
orl2185
Posts: 778
Registered: ‎03-07-2007
0

Re: Whoo Hoo! NASA Federal Credit Union let me in! :D

Supa congrats and welcome to nasafcu. I've got a plat visa with them 10k and have gotten cli every year. Started at 8k instant yearly cli no pulls. For me they a great CU, but other members may differ from MO


Starting Score: 621
Current Score: 784
Goal Score: 800


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
FicoScore626
Posts: 253
Registered: ‎09-01-2009
0

Re: Whoo Hoo! NASA Federal Credit Union let me in! :D

I reside in New Jersey and they pulled Equifax for just the Credit Union membership... I know when all is said and done they're going to pull all 3. I'm a little nervous but at the same time a little relieved that they approved my membership with an Equifax pull because Equifax produces an uglier credit snapshot of my history than Experian and TransUnion.

Established Contributor
orl2185
Posts: 778
Registered: ‎03-07-2007
0

Re: Whoo Hoo! NASA Federal Credit Union let me in! :D

 


FicoScore626 wrote:

I reside in New Jersey and they pulled Equifax for just the Credit Union membership... I know when all is said and done they're going to pull all 3. I'm a little nervous but at the same time a little relieved that they approved my membership with an Equifax pull because Equifax produces an uglier credit snapshot of my history than Experian and TransUnion.


I've read many times about this same concern, but it has never happened to me. They only pulled eq for membership and loan products.

 


Starting Score: 621
Current Score: 784
Goal Score: 800


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
gbishere
Posts: 736
Registered: ‎07-07-2010
0

Re: Whoo Hoo! NASA Federal Credit Union let me in! :D

I am really interested in weather you got accepted or not for the cc. keep us updated!

__________________________
01/11/2011: FICO:TU: 746
12/14/2010: FICO:EQ: 744
08/12/2011: FICO:EXP: 766
Frequent Contributor
FicoScore626
Posts: 253
Registered: ‎09-01-2009
0

Re: Whoo Hoo! NASA Federal Credit Union let me in! :D

 


gbishere wrote:

I am really interested in weather you got accepted or not for the cc. keep us updated!


 

Will do!

IF by some amazing miracle they do approve the credit card for at least $800 then First Premier Bank is so FIRED!

 

And Chase bank will be put on probation because charging me $36 ($12 x 3) this month for electronically transferring money from Savings into Checking is just nasty.

Frequent Contributor
FicoScore626
Posts: 253
Registered: ‎09-01-2009
0

Re: Whoo Hoo! NASA Federal Credit Union let me in! :D

[ Edited ]

 


orl2185 wrote:

 


FicoScore626 wrote:

I reside in New Jersey and they pulled Equifax for just the Credit Union membership... I know when all is said and done they're going to pull all 3. I'm a little nervous but at the same time a little relieved that they approved my membership with an Equifax pull because Equifax produces an uglier credit snapshot of my history than Experian and TransUnion.


I've read many times about this same concern, but it has never happened to me. They only pulled eq for membership and loan products.

 


 

 

You were lucky I guess. :smileyhappy:

So far they pulled 2 out of 3 for me. They pulled Equifax for membership and I see that they pulled Experian after I applied for the credit card. I'm Toast.

A denial is pretty much gauranteed now. :smileysad:    Oh well, better luck next time. Now I wish they had pulled all 3 because my Experian Plus score is a low 586, I can only imagine how low my Experian FICO score is. TransUnion always makes me look better than Equifax and Experian does.

 

I'll wait for their denial e-mail and then go from there. Since they approved me for a membership I'll use the next few months to try and nurture a good relationship with them and then try again.

Super Contributor
concorduser
Posts: 6,025
Registered: ‎09-18-2007
0

Re: Whoo Hoo! NASA Federal Credit Union let me in! :D

OP. Congrats for your approval.

Frequent Contributor
FicoScore626
Posts: 253
Registered: ‎09-01-2009
0

Re: Whoo Hoo! NASA Federal Credit Union let me in! :D

 


gbishere wrote:

I am really interested in weather you got accepted or not for the cc. keep us updated!


The only good news I have is that I didn't get an instant decline. In fact, they just called my job less than 5 minutes ago requesting a notarized copy of my drivers license or State ID and two recent paystubs.

 


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+