Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whoo Hooo... NFCU CLI on Platinum Card

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Whoo Hooo... NFCU CLI on Platinum Card

My husband had a Platinum Card with a $4k limit.   With his permission, I requested a CLI to $7500.00..  I had to explain to him that you always want to ask for CLIs when you don't really need them Smiley Wink

Here is the message:

Credit Card:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx MasterCard Platinum

Approved Credit Line:$7,500.00

Your account will now reflect the new credit line and will be available for immediate use.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Whoo Hooo... NFCU CLI on Platinum Card

My husband is rebuilding... his current scores are in the 660  range.   He is AU on my Discover, Chase, and Amex accounts... 

This credit card is the only tradeline that he has as an individual.

We were accepted for a 45k auto loan which will be a joint account at 1.79% interest...   so he will have 2 tradelines by next year.

Baddies are foreclosure in early 2010,  no deficiency balance. My husband lost his job, this was before I met him.

Citi CC Chargeoff in 2010, settled with them while it was in internal collections...  he didn't know about this account, the ex wife applied for it using his information and bought her boyfriend a motorcycle.

He has many paid in full, never late accounts, but he has these two that are bad.

FICO 9:

Message 2 of 31
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Nice and congrats to both of you! Why didnt you ask for more?
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 3 of 31
gettnthere
Established Contributor

CONGRATS WEB!! And to your husband. Hes lucky to have someone as knowledgeable as you to help with his credit. Yall keep up the awesome work. And congratulations on that phenomenally low interest rate!

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 31
CS800
Super Contributor

Congrats !!

Message 5 of 31
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Congrats.....

You are correct, only when you dont need them LOL Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 31
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@jsickz32 wrote:
Nice and congrats to both of you! Why didnt you ask for more?

I wanted it to be a SP instead of a HP...   plus, the goal was to get above the 5k mark just in case he ever wanted to upgrade to siggy.

We really didn't "need" more,  as I've got a 22k line and a 15k line with them already.  And I didn't want to spook them because we've got an auto loan that we are going to be taking out with them in Dec.

4k > 7.5k is nothing to sneeze at Smiley Happy

He can go for double digits in another 6 months.   This account has been open for about 6 months.

FICO 9:

Message 7 of 31
rbizzle
Contributor

Congrats!!! I just requested an increase on my Cash Rewards Visa yesterday from 10k to 15k....instant approval! NFCU is soooo good to people! Especially if your good to them!

Message 8 of 31
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@rbizzle wrote:

Congrats!!! I just requested an increase on my Cash Rewards Visa yesterday from 10k to 15k....instant approval! NFCU is soooo good to people! Especially if your good to them!

Great news congrats!!!

FICO 9:

Message 9 of 31
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!  You are so lucky!  I have never gotten instant approval on any of my CLI requests, so now I just sit and wait for the auto-CLI's.  Havent seen one lately though, seem to be stuck at $30k. But congrats again to everyone getting instant!  I think those are hard pull free too!
-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.