Did you mean: 

Whoo Hooo... NFCU CLI on Platinum Card

tag
LesWH
Established Contributor

Re: Whoo Hooo... NFCU CLI on Platinum Card

@webhopper wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:
Nice and congrats to both of you! Why didnt you ask for more?

I wanted it to be a SP instead of a HP...   plus, the goal was to get above the 5k mark just in case he ever wanted to upgrade to siggy.

We really didn't "need" more,  as I've got a 22k line and a 15k line with them already.  And I didn't want to spook them because we've got an auto loan that we are going to be taking out with them in Dec.

4k > 7.5k is nothing to sneeze at Smiley Happy

He can go for double digits in another 6 months.   This account has been open for about 6 months.

So when you ask for a NFCU CLI via the link it's a SP and not a HP?

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 11 of 31
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@hedgeclipper2 wrote:
Congrats!  You are so lucky!  I have never gotten instant approval on any of my CLI requests, so now I just sit and wait for the auto-CLI's.  Havent seen one lately though, seem to be stuck at $30k. But congrats again to everyone getting instant!  I think those are hard pull free too!

I've never had the gall to ask for a CLI on my 22k line  ROFL

I'm too chicken.   My high usage was 10.6k on the account.  Its at 0 balance right now. I don't need a HP and I would be afraid that it would take a HP to get me any higher than I'm at

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 12 of 31
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@LesWH wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

I wanted it to be a SP instead of a HP...   plus, the goal was to get above the 5k mark just in case he ever wanted to upgrade to siggy.

We really didn't "need" more,  as I've got a 22k line and a 15k line with them already.  And I didn't want to spook them because we've got an auto loan that we are going to be taking out with them in Dec.

He can go for double digits in another 6 months.   This account has been open for about 6 months.

That's what I've heard.  I will confirm tomorrow

FICO 9:

Message 13 of 31
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@hedgeclipper2 wrote:
Congrats!  You are so lucky!  I have never gotten instant approval on any of my CLI requests, so now I just sit and wait for the auto-CLI's.  Havent seen one lately though, seem to be stuck at $30k. But congrats again to everyone getting instant!  I think those are hard pull free too!

I'm too chicken.   My high usage was 10.6k on the account.  Its at 0 balance right now. I don't need a HP and I would be afraid that it would take a HP to get me any higher than I'm at

I also have a Navchek at $15k too, so I wonder if they take that into consideration for unsecured exposure.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 14 of 31
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

This is a YMMV situation.  If you ask online, and its instant it is a SP.  If it gives the 3-5 day message, it will be a HARD.  SO TREAD LIGHTLY HERE!

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 15 of 31
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@hedgeclipper2 wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

@hedgeclipper2 wrote:

I also have a Navchek at $15k too, so I wonder if they take that into consideration for unsecured exposure.

Its possible.   I've heard that you can move 5k from your NavCheck over to your credit card...  

I think the cap is imposed by income...  so the more income you have, the higher your total exposure can be

FICO 9:

Message 16 of 31
LesWH
Established Contributor

@hedgeclipper2 wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

This is a YMMV situation.  If you ask online, and its instant it is a SP.  If it gives the 3-5 day message, it will be a HARD.  SO TREAD LIGHTLY HERE!

That's nice to know.  I don't need a CLI presently, they started me off with a $16,000 dollar limit, which is more than enough.  Thanks for the information, though.  I am learning so much from these boards!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 17 of 31
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:
CONGRATS WEB!! And to your husband. Hes lucky to have someone as knowledgeable as you to help with his credit. Yall keep up the awesome work. And congratulations on that phenomenally low interest rate!

+++++1

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Message 18 of 31
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks gttnthere and avamommy!
FICO 9:

Message 19 of 31
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Congrats thats gr8 news reading your stories puts a big smile on my face. Nfcu is awesome.

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.