tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Whoohoo! Approved for Amex zync!

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
As of last night I had 3-4 CO from 5-6 years ago, 1 collection from 5-6 years ago as well, my EQ is 640, tu is 585, and exp is 620 (plus score)

Wow..

You slipped right in there!! Happy for your approval!

Tell me about it, I was so happy, I coulnt sleep til 2 hrs later!
I will only have a BK reporting in December....I just don't want to wait that long.......

If you don't want to wait, go for it! I think i'm proof that multimple AMEX INQ's (3 in a 5 month span) won't hurt your approval chances

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 21 of 43
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
As of last night I had 3-4 CO from 5-6 years ago, 1 collection from 5-6 years ago as well, my EQ is 640, tu is 585, and exp is 620 (plus score)

Wow..

You slipped right in there!! Happy for your approval!

Tell me about it, I was so happy, I coulnt sleep til 2 hrs later!
I will only have a BK reporting in December....I just don't want to wait that long.......

If you don't want to wait, go for it! I think i'm proof that multimple AMEX INQ's (3 in a 5 month span) won't hurt your approval chances

BK will though.......will see....

Message 22 of 43
dharalex
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I had an Amex blue cash a long time ago but Amex closed it down when I defaulted my other credit cards. Should I call them and ask them to backdate the zync for me? Will they do it?
I would! I was only an AU on an account closed by Amex. We paid it off completely over time. When I applied last Sept, I was approved and backdated to 2004!

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

W

@dharalex wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I had an Amex blue cash a long time ago but Amex closed it down when I defaulted my other credit cards. Should I call them and ask them to backdate the zync for me? Will they do it?
I would! I was only an AU on an account closed by Amex. We paid it off completely over time. When I applied last Sept, I was approved and backdated to 2004!
Will call them first thing Monday!
Message 24 of 43
opiy26
Valued Member

Just curious, but what makes this card so much more desirable over the other AMEX cards? I looked at the website and it doesn't seem much different than the Blue, but I am new to credit cards so I might not understand the perks.

Thanks

FICO Scores: Goal - 720+
Transunion - 711 (11-2012)
Equifax - 716 (11-2012)
Goal CC: Not sure yet
Message 25 of 43
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@opiy26 wrote:

Just curious, but what makes this card so much more desirable over the other AMEX cards? I looked at the website and it doesn't seem much different than the Blue, but I am new to credit cards so I might not understand the perks.

Thanks

Amex blue I believe is a revolver.......Zync is a charge card that must be paid in full at the end of the month........

Message 26 of 43
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Just append...DENIED...oh well...".denied cause of BK.....

Message 27 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you guys know if I will receive my experian score once my card arrives?
Message 28 of 43
FicoTron
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow, one of the lower scores I have seen approved for Amex, especially with the negs on there. Gives me hope for my upcoming Gold app.
EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 29 of 43
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Zync is a charge card that is PIF every month and also is AMEX's easiest card to get approved.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.