Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whoops. Over limit on my Chase (WAMU) Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoops. Over limit on my Chase (WAMU) Card

Whoops.  My Chase (former WAMU) went over limit $108 yesterday. 

Paid the balance off today online.....I hate those over limit fees.  Had a $687 charge come in that I was not expecting till next week after my balance would be paid off and in new statement cycle.

I called CSR and explained that I noticed my account was over limit so I had just made an online payment for the entire balance.  She thanked me for the payment.

I asked if the online ACH was adequate or if I should make a branch payment to get it under limit sooner.  She said the online payment was adequate because the late fee was all ready charged and nothing could be done about that. 

I told her that the late fee I wasn't worried about, I was curious if this would trigger adverse action on the account.  She said she didn't see any signs of trouble and thanked me for making my online payment for the account balance.

I guess we'll see if Chase is looking for excuses to close my account.

Message Edited by txjohn on 08-07-2009 07:14 AM
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Whoops. Over limit on my Chase (WAMU) Card

I know recently you got lot of new cards with very good limits. Watch out these boo boo's my friend. You are going to get into trouble.
Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid the balance off and the statement hasn't dropped (won't till 11th) so this will continue to report a zero balance.  

Today was my scheduled PIF day. 

Message Edited by txjohn on 08-07-2009 07:19 AM
Message 3 of 30
score_building
Senior Contributor

while your pif/history can help to dismiss the minor misstep uneventfully, it brings pause since it seems clear chase is currently looking for backs to paint targets on.

txjohn wrote:

I paid the balance off and the statement hasn't dropped (won't till 11th) so this will continue to report a zero balance.  

Today was my scheduled PIF day. 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is why a recomend every one to use chase auto pay as it works it properly in that payments recived be for the due date reduce the shcduled autopayment so if set to the minium and the recivr payment before the due date there will be no auto payment that month vs juinper cap1 where the orignal payments will preform regarless of any pyments recived unles you take action to stop it
Message Edited by rbbyrbsn on 08-07-2009 08:20 AM
Message 5 of 30
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

txjohn...

As knowledgable and informed you are credit wise (I learned a great deal about credit from your numerous posts), I'm shocked you let this happen. I hope this oversight does not cause a problem for you.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 6 of 30
Established Contributor

To quote Hauling in a recent post "we are all human, therefore as humans we are all subject to one time mistakes"

Good luck txjohn!

P.S.

Hauling if my quote is not exact...my apologies..my memory is not great these days.LOLSmiley Very Happy

Message Edited by plasticman on 08-07-2009 11:07 AM
Message Edited by plasticman on 08-07-2009 11:14 AM
Message 7 of 30
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
This is why a recomend every one to use chase auto pay as it works it properly in that payments recived be for the due date reduce the shcduled autopayment so if set to the minium and the recivr payment before the due date there will be no auto payment that month vs juinper cap1 where the orignal payments will preform regarless of any pyments recived unles you take action to stop it
Message Edited by rbbyrbsn on 08-07-2009 08:20 AM

While the chase autopay is a nice feature (I assume as I have never used it) it would not have stopped the over the limit issue the OP is discussing here.

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 8 of 30
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

@plasticman wrote:

To quote Hauling in a recent post "we are all human, therefore as humans we are all subject to one time mistakes"

Good luck txjohn!

P.S.

Hauling if my quote is not exact...my apologies..my memory is not great these days.LOLSmiley Very Happy

Message Edited by plasticman on 08-07-2009 11:07 AM
Message Edited by plasticman on 08-07-2009 11:14 AM

I agree...txjohn, IMO you reacted the best possible way with P'ingIF. That shows Chase immediately that you are not at all strapped for cash; you just had a brain fart. Smiley Happy

From reading the Chase / former WaMu threads, there's no rhyme or reason to who they're dropping. I don't think your first mistake is going to be the reason. If they do end up CLD'ing or closing you, they probably already had you on a list of victims.

It's virtually impossible to use your credit in the way it needs to be used these days, and not make a mistake once in a blue moon!

Starting Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Current Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Goal Score: 750 both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 30
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear that TX.
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.