08-08-2009 06:05 AM
But it is new on my account...that was my point.
Chase has never given me immediate credit on ACH payments. And prior to this OL, they have never authorize a charge that went beyond limit.
08-08-2009 06:12 AM - edited 08-08-2009 06:14 AM
08-08-2009 06:20 AM
08-08-2009 06:30 AM
My new nickname...."rookie"
Just a few stats.
- This card happens to be the main AU card (DW and 4 of the 6 kids).
- This card happens to also have several recurring bills and is the family gas & grocery card
- This card was almost $700 under CL and statement drop was next Tuesday.
- My scheduled PIF was yesterday to PIF prior to statement.
- An unscheduled charge, previously an unknown amount, for kids school related charged a week early for nearly $700
- Chase has never authorized a charge over limit before.
- I discovered the Over Limit within 12 hours of occurring and PIF immediately.
- I have adjusted useages of this card to keep it at least $1500 under CL at all times.
08-08-2009 06:31 AM
08-08-2009 06:43 AM
i'm pretty sure it could happen to the best of us, but i could be wrong.
in any case, that you also mention tx, two additional x's where the acct was presented with OL charges is not a good thing.
08-08-2009 07:03 AM
No, not good, but has happened on a couple occassions when the card had 6 separate users.
08-08-2009 07:16 AM
understandable. i can barely handle my cards w/o any AUs to keep track of-
i like your almost instant response time to prevent future occurrences. one of my favorite features of internet banking is that any issues can be caught & addressed v. quickly.
08-08-2009 07:21 AM
I also updated my "ALERTS" settings so that I get email and cell phone messages when:
1. My balance reaches a certain level
2. A charge above a certain amount
3. I have less than a certain amount of remaining credit available
I also am moving phone, electric and cell recurring auto pays to another card.
08-08-2009 11:06 AM
Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.