cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whose credit card portfolio is complete?

tag
Blodreina
Established Contributor

Re: Whose credit card portfolio is complete?

Message 31 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good question OP!

My credit portfolio is almost complete. All I need is a card for travel and I'm done.

Message 32 of 65
leoment
Frequent Contributor

I feel like my card lineup is complete also - if anything I'm waiting until end of year to start closing a few accounts and trying to consolidate others.  The ONLY temptation as of late is to get a Sallie Mae for gas, but I have a Freedom and IT card, plus my BCP for non gas quarters.  So it's unlikely I'll actually go for it. I'm pretty much covered as follows:

Amex BCP - 6% Groceries + Backup Gas card (plus the various Amex Offers are nice too!)

BOA Travel Rewards - 2.25% General Spend card

Chase Freedom - 5% rotating

Discover IT - 5% rotating +2% CB until next summer

Citi Dividend - 5% rotating

Citi Forward - 5% restaurants/movies

Target Redcard - 5% at Target

FNBO Amex - 1.5% CB - I got this on a whim as a "just in case" card, but honestly I don't revolve a balance so it doesn't get much use from me other than small sub-$5 transactions

To be closed:

Chase Slate

Gap Visa

Lol to echo jfriend, now I just need to marry someone with military affiliation to gain access to USAA/NFCU rates/LOC!  Smiley Very Happy

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 33 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have my needs very well covered. I have wants, but then most do. I will not apply for credit just because of want though. Smiley Happy
Message 34 of 65
taxi818
Super Contributor

Yep. I am completely Done>

Last two cards gotten earlier this month.

The Ebates and  the Chase marriott.

Starting with the beginning of cards. not all cards in my portfolio. But cards i wanted from the beginning.

Capone Quicksilver.

Capone Venture.

Barclays Apple Card.

Discover It.

Amex Green

Amex Delta Gold.

Chase Freedom

Chase Marriott.

Citi Double Cash.

Best Buy MasterCard

Pay pal mastercard

Gte Credit Union Card.

(pride and Joy). Diners Club premier.

Macys Amex

Total Rewards Visa

All the rest of my cards are really fly by night oppurtunity cards.

Message 35 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

My portfolio is complete. I do need to combine a couple of BofA cards that are redundant such as the two travel cards, but other than that I am done. I do have one possible card I am interested in when I come out of the garden and that is Lowes because I have some home renovations coming up next year. Nothing for now though. I want my scores to fully recover from my the inquiries and establish a positive history with the new accounts.

Message 36 of 65
NRB525
Super Contributor

Not mine.

I've been working on paying down balances for 7 years now. No negatives ever, just a lot of open balances to take care of.

I've gotten some cards a while ago, such as Cash+ and Delta AMEX in 2013, and then started considering other cards a year ago. Joined here, and got the Diners Club card, and have been finding out where I stand with my credit.

Earlier in 2015, I got my first auto CLI with B of A after balance chasing CLD's over the years.

Got approved for two co-branded Chase cards in December and January, after balance chasing CLD on all accounts, and several closed.

Got approved for Citi AAdvantage a few weeks ago after balance chasing CLD's and still working on two closed accounts with balances. Until the AAdvantage card, I had only the Diamond Preferred at $1k as my open, active Citi card, and two closed CC with Citi.

And getting approved for the AMEXes is a positive as well.

So I'm only on hiatus as I get familiar with the SPG and AAdvantage, working toward some points levels with those cards, continue to work the owed balances down, and work on a long term strategy that includes getting sign up bonuses, then settling in with regular use cards after the bonuses are harvested. I'm not apping for a while, but I'm lining up what I will be looking for, and trying to figure the best plan for getting bonuses from all the big travel cards I don't have yet in the next 24 months.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 37 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

Complete? As in not apping for any more cards? Perish the thought!

Message 38 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

You guys have heard about netspend, I'm sure. Heck, I received one in the mail and I didn't even ask for one!  But I just discovered their Premier version offers a 5% APY  (4.91% technically) on amounts up to $5k. You can have up to 5 cards in your name.  Is this a legit thing? Minimum requirement is a 500 direct deposit monthly.

If it is legit, THAT would make my port' complete.

Message 39 of 65
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

My portfolio is complete and has been for some time.

The following are part of my permanent collection:

Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature

Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard

Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature

Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard

Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature

J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature

I picked up the Amex Plat and Barclay's AA cards for the signup bonuses. I'm not sure if I'll keep either of them in the long run or not yet.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 40 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.