Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wht is CHASE Prestige Card ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wht is CHASE Prestige Card ?

Hi everybody

I am having Chase Plat Visa CC from 01/08 and I got a mail from CHASE saying that
Upgrade to CHASE Prestige Card with upgradation fee/ fee of 79$.

wht is this Chase Prestige Card ???
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Wht is CHASE Prestige Card ?

I'm not sure about the card but I wouldn't pay $79 to upgrade to it unless it has perks like the Amex Platinum or something.
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I concur w/ Fretless...
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found this quote online thought it was interesting:

"In each instance where the word "upgrade" is used, it's enclosed in quotation marks. That's their admission that it's not an actual upgrade, they're just calling it one."

in reference to the chase prestige.
Message 4 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I would not apply for any thing with AF.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Google it, a lot of bad publicity!

Message 6 of 9
ccsauer
Contributor

I got it, too, and it is saying $79 AF

That being said, it does, in fact, seem to have a number of benefits. 5% cash back on all US hotel rooms, airline tickets, car rentals, cruises. I mean, i could do business purchasing with this card, get reimbursed, and take 5% of all my flights. that right there would give me the $79 plus more back.

Is there something I'm not looking at correctly here? Can I call and find out if there's an option for a lower annual fee? what am I not considering?
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

ccsauer wrote:
I got it, too, and it is saying $79 AF

That being said, it does, in fact, seem to have a number of benefits. 5% cash back on all US hotel rooms, airline tickets, car rentals, cruises. I mean, i could do business purchasing with this card, get reimbursed, and take 5% of all my flights. that right there would give me the $79 plus more back.

Is there something I'm not looking at correctly here? Can I call and find out if there's an option for a lower annual fee? what am I not considering?

As long as you spend $1580 a year on those things, you'll break even.

Chase Freedom will give you 3% back on those things, if travel is one of your top three categories for the month.  And it has no AF.

If you plan to spend less than $3950 on travel each year, then Chase Freedom is the better deal.  ($3950 is the point where the 5% on the Prestige Card vs 3% on Chase Freedom makes up for the $79 AF.)

Message Edited by cheddar on 04-08-2008 08:39 PM
Message 8 of 9
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I just got a mailer for this and it looks like a scam. On the bank in the fine print it says it is issued by Reunion and not affiliated with Chase in any way.
Here we go again...
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.