Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why AMEX why? Missed it by one day.

tag
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Re: Why AMEX why? Missed it by one day.

Well, that "Since December 31" is pretty compelling.  I'd be all over this one, but I enjoy debating and aruguing.

Message 11 of 23
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Hope you get the Member since date changed to 2012, keep us posted!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 12 of 23
jsucool76
Super Contributor

This happens to everyone who apps late in the month, and there has been a few threads about it, like there always is this time of year. Lol.

Best bet is to call and ask, but there is no guarantee. The way they seem to do it is your member date happens the day they emboss your card, not the day you get approved. Definitely worth a try though.
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I thought I was going to be in for a fight after reading the posts on here, but I'm glad I was wrong, haha.

I sent a message through my online account last night, and a few hours later received a response saying, "Taken care of, a new card will be sent out."

I don't think it could have been any easier.  I didn't even have to mention anything from here, I simply said I was approved in 2012 and would like my member since date changed, and they were more than happy to do it.

<3 AMEX

Message 14 of 23
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I thought I was going to be in for a fight after reading the posts on here, but I'm glad I was wrong, haha.

I sent a message through my online account last night, and a few hours later received a response saying, "Taken care of, a new card will be sent out."

I don't think it could have been any easier.  I didn't even have to mention anything from here, I simply said I was approved in 2012 and would like my member since date changed, and they were more than happy to do it.

<3 AMEX

+100 to AMEX FTW!

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 23
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Duncanrr wrote:

+100 to AMEX FTW!

+100 indeed !   Congrats on the 2012 backdating success  Smiley Happy  !!

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 16 of 23
HiLine
Blogger

Congrats on gaining 1 year of account age!!!

Message 17 of 23
beb86
Valued Contributor

I love AMEXs customer service

Message 18 of 23
toppers555
Established Contributor

Lol I can just picture the OP gearing up ready to go to battle with  reasons why his member date should be changed, and then just getting message done, Like wth , hehe. 

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the congrats everyone!

@toppers555 wrote:

Lol I can just picture the OP gearing up ready to go to battle with  reasons why his member date should be changed, and then just getting message done, Like wth , hehe. 

Yeah, exactly, lol.  I was ready to give all these reasons and give them all these dates, and then all I get back is a "Done, have a good one" type response, and I'm like, what...

Don't get me wrong, this is the best possible outcome.  I was just really surprised.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.