Valued Contributor
jsucool76

Re: Why AMEX why? Missed it by one day.

Make sure it changes on your online account and not just a new card.

Congrats!
Wallet: Capital One Cash Rewards 3500CL, Wells Fargo Cash Back College Visa: 900CL, Paypal Smart Connect: 1286CL, Walmart Discover: 2000CL, UPromise Mastercard: 1000CL, Chase Slate: 500CL, Discover IT: 1500CL, Citi Forward: 1500CL, Bank Of America Student Travel Rewards: 700CL
Frequent Contributor
jake619

mmmmmm wrote:

Well, I thought I was going to be in for a fight after reading the posts on here, but I'm glad I was wrong, haha.

I sent a message through my online account last night, and a few hours later received a response saying, "Taken care of, a new card will be sent out."

I don't think it could have been any easier.  I didn't even have to mention anything from here, I simply said I was approved in 2012 and would like my member since date changed, and they were more than happy to do it.

<3 AMEX

How disappointingly anticlimactic!  I was excited for a good battle.  Jeez.  My guess is you and others with similar timing were just victims of automation.  Their Reps are very helpful and come across as more than willing to right a wrong.  In the end what's the difference to AMEX?  Sure they lose a new account opened in 2013 from their records but they have all year to make up for that and oh yea, a happy cardholder :smileyhappy:

GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.

Minor vulgarity edit --Rev

Contributor
mmmmmm

jsucool76 wrote:
Make sure it changes on your online account and not just a new card.

Congrats!

Yeah, I'll be watching that, haha.

jake619 wrote:

mmmmmm wrote:

Well, I thought I was going to be in for a fight after reading the posts on here, but I'm glad I was wrong, haha.

I sent a message through my online account last night, and a few hours later received a response saying, "Taken care of, a new card will be sent out."

I don't think it could have been any easier.  I didn't even have to mention anything from here, I simply said I was approved in 2012 and would like my member since date changed, and they were more than happy to do it.

<3 AMEX

How disappointingly anticlimactic!  I was excited for a good battle.  Jeez.  My guess is you and others with similar timing were just victims of automation.  Their Reps are very helpful and come across as more than willing to right a wrong.  In the end what's the difference to AMEX?  Sure they lose a new account opened in 2013 from their records but they have all year to make up for that and oh yea, a happy cardholder :smileyhappy:

Yeah.  I've only been a cardmember for 8 days now :smileytongue: and I'm already impressed at how helpful they've been.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+