cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Amex gave me best rate, but low limit?

tag
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: Why Amex gave me best rate, but low limit?

Amex may very well of given you the worst APR if you had not used the CK pre-qual link.  We also do not know how CK was compensated for the app.  It could be based on the starting limit giving them an incentive to low ball your limit.  However, I doubt that is the case.

If your EX-08 score is decent, you might as well try for a CLI now.  If you are denied, you just need to wait 90 days.  Not much difference between 90 and 61 days.

Message 11 of 17
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@My_Fako wrote:

Is the Amex EveryDay card white? Is it a ugly card in person? Never seen one.

It's mostly clear:

And yes, it's ugly. Trying to make "clear plastic" that is still somewhat visible is a design step too far to try with this cheap plastic.

The upside is, when you get the contactless chip, the wires inside the card are visible, so it has geek cred. And you can use the reflective chrome center mirror to check your teeth for extra salad, so it saves having to carry a mirror in your wallet.

I didn't think about how the contactless chip would look in a clear card.  I might request it for my ED or BCE.  Thanks.

Message 12 of 17
My_Fako
Established Contributor

I used the creditkarma link for PRG, Went to Amex's site for Everyday app...

Also did I get the min... limit tha theyt give out?

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@My_Fako wrote:

I used the creditkarma link for PRG, Went to Amex's site for Everyday app...

Also did I get the min... limit tha theyt give out?

I got the same APR but on the EDP. If you read the contract, your first month APR is determined on your previous utilization on your other cards at the time app (something like that). Later it will be based on New York Times prime rates or some **bleep**tt like that. I seen someone with 500 credit limit

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a $500 limit with i'm sure to be a 22%+ APR (still in the 0% APR bonus right now). So no, you did not get the lowest they can give out Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be thankful for the APR. The CL will grow. Best of luck!
Message 16 of 17
ryox03
Regular Contributor

Im kind of in the same boat and stuck at a 1000 limit for now which means a boarderline approval I am going to wait until 720 to CLI request. I got the PRG at the same time and I can get pre authorized up to $3000 for a charge most times so I use that mostly anyways. Just try to hit that 20% bonus most times with the ED.

$1,000 Amex ED, Amex PRG- NPSL,$5,000 Quicksilver Visa, $3750 CO Quicksilver One, $3,300 BarclayCard Rewards,$2000 Paypal Credit, $3500 Walmart, $1700 Target. $5000 Kay Jewlers, $3500 Amazon Prime Store Card, $1,600 Discover IT

652 EQ 661 TU 650 EX 4/19/2016
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.