Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why? Cap 1 Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why? Cap 1 Question

@LS2982 wrote:
I think Cap1 gets most of their negativity for not working with a rebuilder once they have crossed from rebuilding to prime again. Their rebuilder cards are just that, rebuilders. And most custmers cant seem to grasp that and let them go at the appropriate time and move on to greener pastures.

Excellent post.

Exactly why I am dropping them like a bad habit now that I have USAA and Amex.

No more AF!

Message 21 of 48
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@tonyaether wrote:

Ok Frugal you got me there....What is a monkey button???  Do tell, because the visual I get isn't pretty.

When logged in to your account, there is an option to check for feature upgrades.  When you click on it, it opens a new window with another button to check for account upgrades.  Every single time, for every single person, it always says there are no upgrades for your account at this time.  But yet, like monkeys, we keep pushing the button.

THIS: is the monkey button:

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 22 of 48
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

HAHAHAHA!!! Did you edit that?  Is there really a monkey there?!  That is how I envisioned it (sort of) but with an angrier monkey! 

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 48
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

I made it for a monkey-button post a few months back.  I made him smiling, because he's laughing at me when I push it.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 24 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SoulMaster wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@tonyaether wrote:

Ok Frugal you got me there....What is a monkey button???  Do tell, because the visual I get isn't pretty.

When logged in to your account, there is an option to check for feature upgrades.  When you click on it, it opens a new window with another button to check for account upgrades.  Every single time, for every single person, it always says there are no upgrades for your account at this time.  But yet, like monkeys, we keep pushing the button.

THIS: is the monkey button:

LOL.  This is so full of win!

Message 25 of 48
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

LMAO!!!  Oh my goodness SM!  You gave me my best laugh today!

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 48
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I picture that monkey there every time I hit the button.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 27 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

I picture that monkey there every time I hit the button.

Pretty funny stuff.

I'm done with the monkey button now.

However, I will still enjoy reading the future monkey button threads.  Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 48
TheBronxBomber
Regular Contributor

@tonyaether wrote:

Hello all,

I am just wondering why Cap 1 gets so much criticism.  I have heard so many good reviews about their cash rewards card from online reviews.  I am not intending to app but I am always curious for future reference.

The problem I have with Capital One is their customer service. They've been somewhat generous to me in the past. My capital one rebuilder card started with a CL of $500 in 2007. Over the years, they raised my limit to $4,500 and this year it was converted to a VentureOne Platinum, not to be confused with the VentureOne Visa Signature. But, the customer service remains terrible.

Current myFICO Scores:03/08/12 EQ: 801 • TU: 801 • Bank of America TU FICO: 822 • Credit Karma Vantage: 873

My Wallet: Amex Business Platinum | Amex SPG (5k) | Amex Delta Reserve (33k) | Citi ThankYou Premier World MasterCard (26k) | Chase Mileage Club Visa Signature (15k)
Sock Drawer: Barclay Ring MasterCard (10k) | Discover More (6.5k) | CapitalOne VentureOne (4.5k) | Macy's | Amex Platinum Personal
Message 29 of 48
stevehbold
Valued Member

I have a capital one platinum MC. I wish I knew when I started rebuilding I could have gotten a cash rewards card from them. I was recently approved for a discover more card. I would like to get another card to take up the credit from my capital one and orchard card. So I can close those 2 cards? I don't even use them anymore.
USAA Amex 0/4000 USAA MC 0/4000k
Barclays apple 0/2000- recon'd from 1300 to 2k
Discover More 250/1700cl Capital One 0/500cl Amazon Store 0/600 Orchard 0/320 Paypal Smart Connect 0/300 Amex zync 500 auto pay
Ex 699 7/12 CU pull -auto loan beacon 5
EX FICO from AMEX-657
Eq 688 6/12
Tu 679 6/12
Message 30 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.