Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why? Cap 1 Question

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Why? Cap 1 Question

@stevehbold wrote:
I have a capital one platinum MC. I wish I knew when I started rebuilding I could have gotten a cash rewards card from them. I was recently approved for a discover more card. I would like to get another card to take up the credit from my capital one and orchard card. So I can close those 2 cards? I don't even use them anymore.

I really want that DM card!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 31 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

@stevehbold wrote:
I have a capital one platinum MC. I wish I knew when I started rebuilding I could have gotten a cash rewards card from them. I was recently approved for a discover more card. I would like to get another card to take up the credit from my capital one and orchard card. So I can close those 2 cards? I don't even use them anymore.

Hang in there LS.  You will get there.Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think Capitol One is all that terrible.  I had 2 of their sub-prime cards I used to establish credit.  After getting 2 new prime cards last month, I ditched them.  The two main things holding me back from applying for their new cash card for excellent credit are the triple pull and poor customer service.  I might still apply for it sometime in the future because the rewards are nice, I'm just not sure I'd want to deal with those two things.

Message 33 of 48
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@stevehbold wrote:

Smiley Sad fell off the wagon.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 34 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@stevehbold wrote:

Uh oh.  Does that mean you applied?

Message 35 of 48
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@stevehbold wrote:

Smiley Sad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 36 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@stevehbold wrote:

Smiley Sad

Sorry to hear that.

Well you can get back on the wagon.

Message 37 of 48
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think Capitol One is all that terrible.  I had 2 of their sub-prime cards I used to establish credit.  After getting 2 new prime cards last month, I ditched them.  The two main things holding me back from applying for their new cash card for excellent credit are the triple pull and poor customer service.  I might still apply for it sometime in the future because the rewards are nice, I'm just not sure I'd want to deal with those two things.

See but that is I guess what gets me.  If I have a customer that stayed with me, demonstrated good credit behavior and built him/herself up from poor credit, I would want to keep that customer more than any.  In my eyes they would undoubtedly be more loyal.  I can't understand how the credit card companies just let good customers walk away because they don't want to even attempt to give them a chance to grow, even after they have rebuilt their credit.  Yet if another new applicant had the exact same credit profile they would approve that person with a higher limit/prime card on the spot.  It would seem they would realize that at about the 2-3 year mark, sometimes earlier that they are not going to be dealing with the same applicant that applied initially. By that time, that lower tier or fringe customer is going to fit into a different credit bucket 90% of the time.

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 38 of 48
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

LS get right back on the wagon if you indeed applied.  There is always a new day to start over.

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 39 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tonyaether wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

See but that is I guess what gets me.  If I have a customer that stayed with me, demonstrated good credit behavior and built him/herself up from poor credit, I would want to keep that customer more than any.  In my eyes they would undoubtedly be more loyal.  I can't understand how the credit card companies just let good customers walk away because they don't want to even attempt to give them a chance to grow, even after they have rebuilt their credit.  Yet if another new applicant had the exact same credit profile they would approve that person with a higher limit/prime card on the spot.  It would seem they would realize that at about the 2-3 year mark, sometimes earlier that they are not going to be dealing with the same applicant that applied initially. By that time, that lower tier or fringe customer is going to fit into a different credit bucket 90% of the time.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

A+

Message 40 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.