Did you mean: 

Why Get an AMEX Delta Gold?

tag
redwalker2929
Regular Contributor

Re: Why Get an AMEX Delta Gold?

@ryanbush wrote:

@redwalker2929 wrote:

A $900.00 ticket for 25,000 points!? I have always found its based on actual price of ticket.  Can you please elaborate?

sure... FSM to ATL depart 2/4 return 2/5.... just checked and right now the price is 1241.80.... cost me 25k miles...  

Wow!!  So it sounds like this occurs when booking last minute flights that are inflated in price.  Good to know if I'm even in a pinch :-)  I also learned from my last booking that they do not charge for exit rows when booking award travel!!

Message 21 of 22
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: Why Get an AMEX Delta Gold?

@redwalker2929 wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

@redwalker2929 wrote:

A $900.00 ticket for 25,000 points!? I have always found its based on actual price of ticket.  Can you please elaborate?

sure... FSM to ATL depart 2/4 return 2/5.... just checked and right now the price is 1241.80.... cost me 25k miles...  

Wow!!  So it sounds like this occurs when booking last minute flights that are inflated in price.  Good to know if I'm even in a pinch :-)  I also learned from my last booking that they do not charge for exit rows when booking award travel!!

Alot of it depends on when you book, I booked this one three weeks ago and the price was 898 when I booked.... FSM to ATL is always ridicolous priced though.

I'm currently looking at booking FSM to CUN for June and the price is right at 800 or 65k miles so it's not even 1.5%

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.