Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I love Synchrony Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why I love Synchrony Bank

Now we all know besides their easy SP CLI and great CSR I have thus far had not one bad experience with them. And it just keeps getting better.

Last week I had a death in the family so for two weeks I was away dealing with these stuff it can be very stressful time and you can lose track, which in my case I did. For some reason my Amazon account notification was off so I did not receieve due date notification like I usually do, either way with all what was going on I was all over the place so I forgot to pay the bill. So finally I returned back home two days ago catch up on my personal stuff pay bills etc etc log in and see its 7 days late Oh man so now I'm more stressed last thing I need is this to go on my CR since I've never been late. So I called Sync the next day explained to the CSR who by the way was very kind, she was very sympathetic waved the late fee and told me not to worry she will make sure it does not go on my report and also say sorry for my loss these things do happen when people go through tough times. I just smiled as it made me feel so much better that they care. Glad that was taken care of.

The same day while I was asleep I get a call from Fraud protection from Sync not the first time since My Mom is as an Auth user on my Walmart MC account I help support her the best way possible since my dad had passed away 2 years ago. Makes it easier since I live in a different state instead of sending money she can just use my card and get anything she needs. Well it got declined because of that reason, so I logged on chat and explained to them the situation They said there is no permenant fix but they can help put a month release for that state for her to freely use the card without interruptions and that I would have to call back each month extend it, Man I was happy this helps She already isn't well bad enough getting declined and walking back home doesn't sit well either.

So thought I'd share this I've have not experienced this kind of treatment from any other banks which have let me down at times for those who have no luck with Sync give it time you will see they are for keeps! 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Cookie2120987
Frequent Contributor

Re: Why I love Synchrony Bank

Very touching story, I do like Synchrony customer service, the only thing I will say they go a bit overboard with is Fraud, they locked my Amazon 11 times and Walmart ummm, I believe 8 times due to mail, don't want to hijack your thread but just adding they do go a bit overboard with Fraud!

Sorry about your loss and as said good story! Hopefully things get better for your Mother soon, times are hard but they do get better!
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cookie2120987 wrote:
Very touching story, I do like Synchrony customer service, the only thing I will say they go a bit overboard with is Fraud, they locked my Amazon 11 times and Walmart ummm, I believe 8 times due to mail, don't want to hijack your thread but just adding they do go a bit overboard with Fraud!

Sorry about your loss and as said good story! Hopefully things get better for your Mother soon, times are hard but they do get better!

Oh I totally agree they do get overboard with the fraud I mean especially they see you go to that state often. I had to call numerous of times while I was in NYC its embarrasing when you shop and your card declines >.< not one but all sync cards haha but hey I don't blame them better safe then sorry I suppose but it is crazy each and everytime. And thank you for the kind words I do appreciate it! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Synchrony ROCKS! Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't know that synchrony declined out of state charges. Good to know. I only have walmart and amazon with them, but now I will know to call ahead if I ever need to use the walmart card out of state. Thanks for pointing that out.

I am very sorry for your loss.
Message 5 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Oh man I hope Synchrony doesn't get jumpy on me!  Smiley Sad

The fraud issue must be YMMV because I regularly use my card out of state (sometimes in two states in the same day) and so far everything has been fine.  In my case, the charges are within 150 miles of my billing address (which may or may not even matter) and the amounts tend to be small, so possibly that's why they don't give me more "attention".  Hopefully it will stay that way!

In any case, I always have a Quicksilver in my wallet... that thing has been as reliable as the morning sunrise for me.  I can make an international purchase (online), an out of state purchase, and a purchase down the street - all in the same day - and they don't even flinch.  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

Oh man I hope Synchrony doesn't get jumpy on me!  Smiley Sad

The fraud issue must be YMMV because I regularly use my card out of state (sometimes in two states in the same day) and so far everything has been fine.  In my case, the charges are within 150 miles of my billing address (which may or may not even matter) and the amounts tend to be small, so possibly that's why they don't give me more "attention".  Hopefully it will stay that way!

In any case, I always have a Quicksilver in my wallet... that thing has been as reliable as the morning sunrise for me.  I can make an international purchase (online), an out of state purchase, and a purchase down the street - all in the same day - and they don't even flinch.  Smiley Wink

Agreed, UncleB. I regularly use my 4 Synchrony Visas and my Walmart store card at out of state locations and have never experienced a problem or been blocked. In my case the charges are many miles away from my billing address because I visit family across the country fairly often.

Never once told Synchrony I had travel plans or that I planned to use the card out of state, and it always goes through. Guess it is YMMV.

Glad that Synchrony came through for you during a very difficult time, OP.

Message 7 of 13
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

I only have the Amazon sc and the 0% APR is just awesome, I always do my Christmas shopping there. One year I remember they declined part of my Christmas shopping, they said was just too much crap, a phone call solved the issue.
Gardening since 03/25/2016. Discover FICO 705 (4/21/16).
Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 8 of 13
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Now we all know besides their easy SP CLI and great CSR I have thus far had not one bad experience with them. And it just keeps getting better.

Last week I had a death in the family so for two weeks I was away dealing with these stuff it can be very stressful time and you can lose track, which in my case I did. For some reason my Amazon account notification was off so I did not receieve due date notification like I usually do, either way with all what was going on I was all over the place so I forgot to pay the bill. So finally I returned back home two days ago catch up on my personal stuff pay bills etc etc log in and see its 7 days late Oh man so now I'm more stressed last thing I need is this to go on my CR since I've never been late. So I called Sync the next day explained to the CSR who by the way was very kind, she was very sympathetic waved the late fee and told me not to worry she will make sure it does not go on my report and also say sorry for my loss these things do happen when people go through tough times. I just smiled as it made me feel so much better that they care. Glad that was taken care of.

The same day while I was asleep I get a call from Fraud protection from Sync not the first time since My Mom is as an Auth user on my Walmart MC account I help support her the best way possible since my dad had passed away 2 years ago. Makes it easier since I live in a different state instead of sending money she can just use my card and get anything she needs. Well it got declined because of that reason, so I logged on chat and explained to them the situation They said there is no permenant fix but they can help put a month release for that state for her to freely use the card without interruptions and that I would have to call back each month extend it, Man I was happy this helps She already isn't well bad enough getting declined and walking back home doesn't sit well either.

So thought I'd share this I've have not experienced this kind of treatment from any other banks which have let me down at times for those who have no luck with Sync give it time you will see they are for keeps! 

So sorry for your loss. Hang in there, no situation is ever permanent. Good to know you've had some good in the midst of all the chaos going on. 

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for the kind words.....What I noticed about the fraud it only happens out of state I believe if you purchase like over $150 that is the only time it has happened. any small amounts nothing always went through fine. That is how I have seen it so far who knows. In the end I do have backup cards like with Cap1 etc so no harm done.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.