Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I took it personal. Amex *rant*

tag
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

Re: Why I took it personal. Amex *rant*

@score_building wrote:

i am sorry, but obviously a clarification is required.  there is a difference between the common wisdom that a cld is based on a set of criteria and is enacted against an entire group of cardholders and you saying you were mistreated by a cs represntative in a conversation between two people. 

please don't misrepresent posts that do not attempt to address this aspect of your experience, the details of which i believe you are revealing here now for the first time.  where has anyone posted that your direct interactions with representative(s) of the company should not be taken personally if that has been your experience?

Clarification: Sure my mortgage was sold to countrywide 4yrs ago, sure, I used my card in "bad" locations (corner stores for a pack of ciggs) Hess gas stations, gasp..even walmart! Sure they profiled me..That is not why I am angry, I am angry about the way I was treated on the phone. If the rep was kind and sincere and didnt keep bugging me for a payment I would have socked drawered the card. I could have "rolled with the punches" so to speak and went with the credit crunch theory...But she took it to another level.
Message 11 of 22
Uniqua
Established Contributor

@scramblingin2007 wrote:

@score_building wrote:

i am sorry, but obviously a clarification is required.  there is a difference between the common wisdom that a cld is based on a set of criteria and is enacted against an entire group of cardholders and you saying you were mistreated by a cs represntative in a conversation between two people. 

please don't misrepresent posts that do not attempt to address this aspect of your experience, the details of which i believe you are revealing here now for the first time.  where has anyone posted that your direct interactions with representative(s) of the company should not be taken personally if that has been your experience?

Clarification: Sure my mortgage was sold to countrywide 4yrs ago, sure, I used my card in "bad" locations (corner stores for a pack of ciggs) Hess gas stations, gasp..even walmart! Sure they profiled me..That is not why I am angry, I am angry about the way I was treated on the phone. If the rep was kind and sincere and didnt keep bugging me for a payment I would have socked drawered the card. I could have "rolled with the punches" so to speak and went with the credit crunch theory...But she took it to another level.

Good post, scrambling.  She did take it to another level.  So much for A+ CS.  You had EVERY RIGHT to be angry.  If they had a problem with you charging $1k in purchases, they could have denied some of those purchases.  This whole thing is way out of control and flat out ridiculous.  And profiling is WRONG.  Period! 

Message 12 of 22
score_building
Senior Contributor

clearly the profiling you site effects all cardholders to varying degrees and impacts them in personal ways.  thankfully it may soon become illegal to do so.  feel  free to show me where it is posted that you shouldn't be angry about this profiling and at the way you were treated on the phone. 

go for it, i'll let you continue your rant with whoever feels compelled to support angry displays rather than trying to be helpful by diffusing them with rational thought.  cie la vie!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 13 of 22
notmyname
Regular Contributor

You must never travel by air or have to deal with a cable company or just about anything else. The world today is a place that will make almost anyone angry.

It seems strange that you are acting as if no one has ever made you angry. It's a daily affair for me.........my dentist tells me to quit gritting my teeth. Oh well,

NMN

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear the bad news. i too have had problems with the CSR. Them recording the phone call, might work out for your benifit.If you would like to talk to a upper tier customer care professional, Lynn p.sullivan she might be able to go back listen to the converstion and act accordingly. If they wronged you in ANY way she will make things right.
lynn p. sullivan 888-297-1984 EXT65479 Best of luck
Message 15 of 22
wmarat
Valued Contributor

1. When my turn comes, I won't call. Does it matter what bogus reason they use?

2. Would I close account? No, I would not right now.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 16 of 22
score_building
Senior Contributor

more preaching to choir, or maybe i am making these things up like pfico scores being fake and anger being the road to effective problem solving or even small unsuspecting nations overseas Smiley Very Happy i 'aint mad atcha tho'!

@Uniqua wrote:

Good post, scrambling.  She did take it to another level.  So much for A+ CS.  You had EVERY RIGHT to be angry.  If they had a problem with you charging $1k in purchases, they could have denied some of those purchases.  This whole thing is way out of control and flat out ridiculous.  And profiling is WRONG.  Period! 

Message 17 of 22
Uniqua
Established Contributor

score_building wrote: 

more preaching to choir, or maybe i am making these things
up like pfico scores being fake and anger being the road to effective
problem solving or even small unsuspecting nations overseas Smiley Very Happy i 'aint mad atcha tho'!

@Uniqua wrote:

WTH!  What the heck was that?!   What on earth are you talking about?  Don't put words in my keystrokes.  I don't know what this attack on me is about but it's about to stop right here cause I'm not having it!  Just because I said WaMu's PFICO is a post-FICO that has absolutely NOTHING to do with this discussion here.  Sounds like your anger is towards me because I see that PFICO for what is really is -- JUNK.  Everyone has their opinion. People come here to rant all the time about CCCs.  Leave them alone.  When we realize it is okay for us to differ in our opinions, this world will be a better place! 

Back to the subject at hand.  Clearly, scrambling was mistreated.  There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with getting angry over it.  It's called being human.  When we pretend nothing bothers us is when we lack effective problem solving skills.  

I'm not mad atcha tho.  Peace and chicken grease!  

Message 18 of 22
score_building
Senior Contributor

Wholly inappropriateness, zzzzzzzzzz Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

WTH!  What the heck was that?!   What on earth are you talking about?  Don't put words in my keystrokes.  I don't know what this attack on me is about but it's about to stop right here cause I'm not having it!  Just because I said WaMu's PFICO is a post-FICO that has absolutely NOTHING to do with this discussion here.  Sounds like your anger is towards me because I see that PFICO for what is really is -- JUNK.  Everyone has their opinion. People come here to rant all the time about CCCs.  Leave them alone.  When we realize it is okay for us to differ in our opinions, this world will be a better place! 

Back to the subject at hand.  Clearly, scrambling was mistreated.  There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with getting angry over it.  It's called being human.  When we pretend nothing bothers us is when we lack effective problem solving skills.  

I'm not mad atcha tho.  Peace and chicken grease!  

Message 19 of 22
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

@score_building wrote:

more preaching to choir, or maybe i am making these things up like pfico scores being fake and anger being the road to effective problem solving or even small unsuspecting nations overseas Smiley Very Happy i 'aint mad atcha tho'!

Zimbabwe is not small. It is actually slightly larger that the state of Montana. They are also very suspicious, particularly of the PFICO score some western bankers recently attempted to market to them. Nothing less that FICO 2008 for them!

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.