cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I wish HSBC would sink like the Titanic!

tag
teenastie
Established Contributor

Re: Why I wish HSBC would sink like the Titanic! n- HALF UPDATE!

@Creditaddict wrote:

@teenastie wrote:

CA-

I don't think I've ever seen a positive thread started by you about HSBC (I too hate them) but why do you put yourself through all the heartache and pain of dealing with them???

I'll do anything in the name of Credit! LOL

LMAO!!! Thanks for your due diligence Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 18
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

I'm pretty sure it was HSBC that tried to force a payment from my debit card a few years ago.  It was a card from my youngin' days and I had not touched it (or paid it) in quite a while.  Then my "miscellaneous items" checking account overdrafted because they tried pulilng a payment for $240-something dollars.  I pay all of my bills online, so they probably had my debit card in their system still and decided if I wasn't going to do it, they might as well.

Had I found this place sooner, i would have PFD'ed them through the booty.  Alas, I am paying them off. ;(

Message 12 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@teenastie wrote:

CA-

I don't think I've ever seen a positive thread started by you about HSBC (I too hate them) but why do you put yourself through all the heartache and pain of dealing with them???

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 18
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@teenastie wrote:

CA-

Except falling in luv with our captors! LOL 

Easy for me to say since have managed to steer completely clear of HSBC, having a low limit cap1 for the past decade was all I could handle in the no growth potential category. Still haven't been able to justify closing it, since no AF, boosts AAoA of open accounts and can use it for a no interest short-term loan via no fee BT/float in a pinch.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 14 of 18
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@score_building wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@teenastie wrote:

CA-

Easy for me to say since have managed to steer completely clear of HSBC, having a low limit cap1 for the past decade was all I could handle in the no growth potential category. Still haven't been able to justify closing it, since no AF, boosts AAoA of open accounts and can use it for a no interest short-term loan via no fee BT/float in a pinch.

Interesting and painfully true analogy. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 18
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@score_building wrote:

Interesting and painfully true analogy. Smiley Happy

Stockholm syndrome for credit cards, maybe?  Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 16 of 18
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

@Adalen wrote:

I'm pretty sure it was HSBC that tried to force a payment from my debit card a few years ago.  It was a card from my youngin' days and I had not touched it (or paid it) in quite a while.  Then my "miscellaneous items" checking account overdrafted because they tried pulilng a payment for $240-something dollars.  I pay all of my bills online, so they probably had my debit card in their system still and decided if I wasn't going to do it, they might as well.

Had I found this place sooner, i would have PFD'ed them through the booty.  Alas, I am paying them off. ;(

I recently steered clear of a home purcase just because the bank was the infamous HSBC...after all the crap they pull with the credit cards; I thought that would be way too much info for them to haveSmiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 17 of 18
marty56
Super Contributor

IMHO they could just float on top of BofA when they go belly-up.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.