cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Syncrony......WHY? Can anyone help answer this?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why Syncrony......WHY? Can anyone help answer this?

I have 7 cards through Sync. Bank (formerly GE Money Bank) and I always get love on them....All BUT PAYPAL SMART CONNECT. 

Wal-Mart started at 500 and is now at 2000

JCP started at 1000 and is now at 2000

Belk started at 400 and is now 3000

and so on and so on..............................................BUT I HAVE NEVER ONCE GOT LOVE ON THE PAYPAL SMART CONNECT.  I started at 600 and I am still at 600 after 2 years.  

I use the card very heavily and usually pay in full.  Never late on any accounts.  FICO 660 to 680 range. 

What gives?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why Syncrony......WHY? Can anyone help answer this?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 7 cards through Sync. Bank (formerly GE Money Bank) and I always get love on them....All BUT PAYPAL SMART CONNECT. 

Wal-Mart started at 500 and is now at 2000

JCP started at 1000 and is now at 2000

Belk started at 400 and is now 3000

and so on and so on..............................................BUT I HAVE NEVER ONCE GOT LOVE ON THE PAYPAL SMART CONNECT.  I started at 600 and I am still at 600 after 2 years.  

I use the card very heavily and usually pay in full.  Never late on any accounts.  FICO 660 to 680 range. 

What gives?

Its not only you, there is something with smartconnect I also had trouble getting an increase had it for a year stuck at $300 then finally after calling again with luck got it to 3500 just keep trying. But I do believe I finally got an increase when I hit 700 for TU

Message 2 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What gives?

Never rely soley on usage with any creditor.  Not being late helps but it's not the only consideration.  Same thing with scores.  It's never just about scores.

Message 3 of 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Even though you may have others cards with Synch, each Card dictates to Synch's UW what they can and can't do. It took me awhile to figure this out and accept it.

I too have several cards with Synch, and all of them have received CLI except my Walmart card, and hasn't budged since 11/2014. Someday it will, but it is what it is. In the mean time...all my others continue to rise regularly and slowly. Smart Connect dictates to Synch what they can do as far as approvals/CLI etc...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.