Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why all the hard pulls?!?

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Why all the hard pulls?!?

Im so annoyed!
I'm over GE's sp cli love, mostly because Ive almost reached their internal limit of $100k LOL
The only two cards I could potentially be eligible for a higher limit on both are lenders that are hard pull happy :-/heh. Barclay's and Discover.
What is a young man to do in the garden if he can't get sp clis!!!!
And I have a little more than a month to ask Amex for $24,500! Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
djrez4
Established Contributor

Re: Why all the hard pulls?!?

Simmer down, there, chief.

I think you'll survive a month's wait.

Message 2 of 40
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Lmao

Who needs 100k from GE?!?? With the high interest??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 40
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

If you wait, Barclays may increase the limit on their own. Do you actually need these limits to be increased, or do you just want a higher limit?

Message 4 of 40
CS800
Super Contributor

And i thought that having a total CL of $25K with GE was too much on 3 cards lol

Message 5 of 40
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

LOL..
I don't have $100k with GE yet haha.
Like maybe 85-90k.

I don't need it... Lol it's part of my plan to have stellar credit. I've got to get to the 800 club somehow! Lol

I pif all of those GE accounts except the Paypal MC one. That has pretty decent rewards though! Lol

Heh, I'm just addicted to that "APPROVED" feeling. Haha

It's been six months as of 04/24/13 since I got a cli on Barclay's. they did auto cli me previously at the 7th month.

The garden is just boring as heck. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 40
Captain4Ever
Established Member

Having a skyrocket credit limit is not enough to be in 800 club, it takes a long time to build up as well.

I think you are having too enough credit and be careful with them, I heard in the future if you apply for mortgage, you may got bad advantage for having too much credit unless you can prove your income sufficient enough to back you up.

I don't have that much credit like you , for me 5 cards with 40k is quite enough , I also know I can surely back them up with my income. Smiley Happy

( Not to rain on your credit march , just a friendly advice)

Message 7 of 40
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You need to be a little longer in the tooth before reaching the 800 club. Lol

Anyway, the garden may not be as boring as you think; if you check in from time to time you might be pleasantly surprised. I'll save you a spot next to my seedlings.
Message 8 of 40
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I don't need it... Lol it's part of my plan to have stellar credit. I've got to get to the 800 club somehow! Lol

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You don't need a ton of credit to get into the 800 club.  I only have one LOC with USB, ( 15K ), my Cash+ card ( 15K ), and my amex, ( 13K ), and I hit 834 back in 12/11.  My oldest acct is 21 years and my aaoa is 7.5 yrs. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 9 of 40
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

My aaoa and inqs are hurting me the most :-(. I could prob be at 775-800 if I had less inqs and a 4-5 year aaoa! Maybe I can get to three years' aaoa in the next few months! Lol
Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.