Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why all the "love" for Experian?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Why all the "love" for Experian?

@sdoonan wrote:

It seems like CCC's favor Experian as their CRA of choice. Anyone have any idea why that is? My EQ and TU reports are a little light on the inquiry side, thankfully...but I have 7 on Experian (with only 3 actually figuring into the calculations).

IMO and IME, Experian definitely has an edge with a lot of the big CCC's (BofA, AmEx, etc.)

My belief is that this is because EQ and TU (especially TU) reports have been unstable in the past, with mysteriously vanishing inquiries, split files, and so forth. Despite lots of attempts, it's pretty hard to, ummm, tweak an EX report. And I wouldn't be surprised if EX offered a heckuva deal to lenders to get them on board. Bizness is bizness.

All part of Experian's planned takeover of the consumer credit world... (refusal to let consumers buy our EX FICO vs flogging their FAKO and so forth)

I don't like them, but I grudgingly admire them for their success.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 18
MMAYFIELD0309
Valued Member

Yes, i've definitely noticed experian as the main cra being pulled. Thats without a question!

Before I bumped into this website I was car shopping and apping everywhere and almost every inquiry i received was on my experian report. Thats just IME.

Starting Score: TU FAKO: 565 - EQ FICO: 598 - EX FAKO: 545
Current Score: TU FICO: 632 - EQ FICO: 646 - EX FAKO: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I forgot to mention in my post above: when I first started reading and posting here in 2007, there were a LOT of threads about Hey, so-and-so used to pull EQ (or TU), but now they pull EX!

Experian seemed to make huge strides in market share in 2007 and 2008. It's sort of taken for granted now, but the change was very noticeable back then.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 18
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I live in Hawaii and many of the Mainland based banks, CCC's and lenders pull EX (Amex, Chase, BoA, FIA, Discover), while local banks here like EQ. I use to be one of the biggest EX haters, but today its my highest FICO score.

Message 14 of 18
quest208
Frequent Contributor

experian should be beaten for not allowing myfico to let us buy our scores and report.  shame on them

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

MA and FL: 18 EX, 2 EQ, 7 TU.
Message 16 of 18
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@quest208 wrote:

experian should be beaten for not allowing myfico to let us buy our scores and report.  shame on them

Agreed!!!!!!

Message 17 of 18
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

I hate experian with a passion. I had about 5-6 medical collections on my reports I used the HIPAA process and eq and tu deleted them and ex pretty much told me to take a hike. Alot of talk on here with bofa pulling ex but with me they pulled eq.
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.