Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why all the "love" for Experian?

tag
sdoonan
Contributor

Why all the "love" for Experian?

It seems like CCC's favor Experian as their CRA of choice. Anyone have any idea why that is? My EQ and TU reports are a little light on the inquiry side, thankfully...but I have 7 on Experian (with only 3 actually figuring into the calculations).

Cards: CitiForward for Students (2K, opened 8/2009), Discover it (2K, opened 7/2010), AMEX BCE (1k, opened 12/2010), Capital One Quicksilver (4.5k, opened 11/2011), Chase Freedom (1.5k, opened 8/2014)

AMEX Platinum (NPSL, AC arrangement, added 12/2011), Citi AAdvantage AMEX (9k, AU, backdated to 9/2008)

Scores: TU 667, EQ 651

In the Garden since 8/8.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why all the "love" for Experian?

@sdoonan wrote:

It seems like CCC's favor Experian as their CRA of choice. Anyone have any idea why that is? My EQ and TU reports are a little light on the inquiry side, thankfully...but I have 7 on Experian (with only 3 actually figuring into the calculations).

Which credit cards are you referring to that favor Experian? I only know of a few that mainly pull Experian and that is Amex, BoA, Bank of Omaha and US Bank. Citi and Chase typically pull EQ unless you live in certain states where they pull EX or TU. Discover and Barclay mainly pull TU

Message 2 of 18
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

I always assumed it's because they're cheap!  (Inexpensive, that is.)

Not applicable

While Barclays and Discover pull TU alot (at least in my region), and USAA Bank and PenFed predominately pull Equifax -- I think you are right.  Experian definitely seems to have some kind of "preferential relationship" with a lot of the CCCs.

Message 4 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I know WFNNB, AMEX, Chase, Citi and BOA will pull EX in MD.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 18
sdoonan
Contributor

I live in MA (at least, most of the year; I'm a student in NY, and have a card with my school address as my billing address).

Chase, AMEX, USAlliance FCU, Cap 1 all pulled Experian at least. I'll have to look at my 3-in-1 from Citi Identitiy Monitor to see what other ones got pulled.

EDIT: Glaring spelling error.

Cards: CitiForward for Students (2K, opened 8/2009), Discover it (2K, opened 7/2010), AMEX BCE (1k, opened 12/2010), Capital One Quicksilver (4.5k, opened 11/2011), Chase Freedom (1.5k, opened 8/2014)

AMEX Platinum (NPSL, AC arrangement, added 12/2011), Citi AAdvantage AMEX (9k, AU, backdated to 9/2008)

Scores: TU 667, EQ 651

In the Garden since 8/8.
Message 6 of 18
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I really don't think there is a bias towards EX ~ it is just a situation where certain well known creditors will pull EX, but at the same time there are many who prefer EQ, or even TU.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sdoonan wrote:

I live in MA (at least, most of the year; I'm a student in NY, and have a card with my school address as my billion address).

Chase, AMEX, USAlliance FCU, Cap 1 all pulled Experian at least. I'll have to look at my 3-in-1 from Citi Identitiy Monitor to see what other ones got pulled.

Yea in the Northern States Experian is the preferred CRA for a lot of Credit Cards and Credit Unions

But Discover and Barclay will pull TU.

I would recommend becoming a member of PenFed and use American Red Cross as the association if you ever donated to them or volunteered...no proof needed

Also become a member of USAA and apply for their card...both of these will pull EQ

If you want to know what other credit cards you can get with an EQ or TU pull check out the credit board site 

Message 8 of 18
CS800
Super Contributor

@sdoonan wrote:

I live in MA (at least, most of the year; I'm a student in NY, and have a card with my school address as my billion address).

In MA, I would add BOA, a lot of credit unions and car dealership in MA. I remember car shopping and most of my hits were on EX strictly.

Message 9 of 18
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@sdoonan wrote:

Yea in the Northern States Experian is the preferred CRA for a lot of Credit Cards and Credit Unions

But Discover and Barclay will pull TU.

I would recommend becoming a member of PenFed and use American Red Cross as the association if you ever donated to them or volunteered...no proof needed

Also become a member of USAA and apply for their card...both of these will pull EQ

If you want to know what other credit cards you can get with an EQ or TU pull check out the credit board site 

I'm in MA and in my particular situation:

Discover, USAA, Penfed pulled only EQ

Barclays, GE pulled TU only

Chase, AMEX, BOA, DCU pulled EX only

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.