Did you mean: 

Why am I getting denied?

tag
Croselx
Contributor

Re: Why am I getting denied?

Walmart app was on last week of May.

I went to the website and this is what I got:

Miguel, we couldn't match your records to a card offer But based on your answers, we think you might like this card.

And then got 3 different reviews of CCs with an AF ranging from 19$ to 39$. I requested my free report from Transunion today to see if there is anything else affecting my credit worthiness. I will keep posted on what I find. As for requesting GoodWill removal, how do I go about it? Write a letter (to who?), phone call? And is gardening just waiting for a credit line to age while making on-time payments?

EDIT: (saw new replies after posting this)

Thanks everyone for your advice. I will wait until next year before applying for anything since -other than building credit- I have no current use for new CCs. I don't like carrying debt unless it is absolutely necessary. I will try a GW on my late payment, I'll post if I have any luck and how much this affects my score (if removed).

As of Feb: AAoA 1 year, 10 months
CK TU: 740; Wal-Mart TU FICO: 721
CS EX: 715
8 CCs, 15 total accounts.
Negs on report: 1 30 day late aged 3 years
5 inquiries
Message 11 of 14
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

@Croselx wrote:

Walmart app was on last week of May.

I went to the website and this is what I got:

Miguel, we couldn't match your records to a card offer But based on your answers, we think you might like this card.

And then got 3 different reviews of CCs with an AF ranging from 19$ to 39$. I requested my free report from Transunion today to see if there is anything else affecting my credit worthiness. I will keep posted on what I find. As for requesting GoodWill removal, how do I go about it? Write a letter (to who?), phone call? And is gardening just waiting for a credit line to age while making on-time payments?

You can try calling to the company´s phone number that appear in your credit report to see what they can do over the phone. Ideally, you must send a "goodwill" letter to the company that is reporting the late payment to your credit report. You can find lots of samples for GW letters where you can just input your info and details.

Yep! And doing that you can garden points and increase your credit score Smiley Happy

Even I agree not to apply to more store cards, denial over denial is dragging you downhill. You must fix your credit report and garden for a while to increase score and let inquiries and recent acc age at this point. You have your AAoA and utilization on good track. Eventually your loan will boost your score up again as it ages.

Just my 2 cents but I´d apply again at least after the loan and recent inquiries hit 1 year mark to ensure some approvals. If it´s a possibility, try to get a relationship with Wells Fargo. I´ve read they consider your banking with them when applying for their credit cards.

Good luck my friend!

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 12 of 14
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Hey i dont know if it may be true or not but from what ive been told its hard to get ccs when living on the island. My parents are from the P.R too
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update** forgot my password and couldn't recover it.

Getting a CC with no prior credit history used to be easy. All it took was a job history of 3-6 months and  then you could get one from any place (2008) I got mine pretty easy with 6 months history and only needed a co-sign because I was underage (19 at the time and needed to be 21).  I don't think this is a PR issue though.

Last HD request did not show as a hard pull, will not try again till next year.

Current limits =$5/$1308 - trying to keep a 1% util rate as CK puts this as optimum for credit score, will request another CLI on january.

Loan has 20 payments remaining for a total of $1330 or a  $880 balance should I pay it off. Can be repaid without penalty, been offered a refinance on the loan with better terms when the loan reaches 7-8 months, but declined because I don't think saving 50-60$ is worth taking another 30 point hit when the loan gets renewed.

Question: should I ride this one for the full term or pay it off in advance?

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.