cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are Capital One Venture credit limits so much higher than Quicksilver?

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Why are Capital One Venture credit limits so much higher than Quicksilver?

@changeworthy wrote:

I just wanted to chime in that I plan to redeem my Venture sign-up bonus for $400 in gift cards that I'll either use towards back-to-school shopping or save for Christmas.  Works for me. 

Not sure you can. It's not cash back. Or you get less. Only travel related items is full value. 

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@changeworthy wrote:

I just wanted to chime in that I plan to redeem my Venture sign-up bonus for $400 in gift cards that I'll either use towards back-to-school shopping or save for Christmas.  Works for me. 

Not sure you can. It's not cash back. Or you get less. Only travel related items is full value. 

He could probably buy gift cards using United MileagePlus X and redeem the points against that.  I don't know if this works with Capital One though like it does with American Express.

https://hub.united.com/en-us/flyerfriendly/Pages/mileageplus/MileagePlus-X.aspx?mobile=0

Message 22 of 25
changeworthy

@taxi818 wrote:

@changeworthy wrote:

I'm pretty sure you can, I just went back to try it and was able to put $400 worth of gift cards in my card to redeem.  I know the cash back is at half-value. 

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@changeworthy wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@changeworthy wrote:

I'm pretty sure you can, I just went back to try it and was able to put $400 worth of gift cards in my card to redeem.  I know the cash back is at half-value. 

Where were the gift cards purchased from?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you meant you redeemed them through Capital One.

Message 24 of 25
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

I have a Quicksilver with initial CL of 1.5 k. Is now at 3k. I applied for the venture and was given an ICL of 20K. So go figure?

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.