Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my GE cards not "growing"?

tag
sbeasl11
Regular Contributor

Why are my GE cards not "growing"?

I am grateful GE took a chance with me. They gave me a Belk card @$400 and a month later denied me the Wal-Mart card. A few months later I apped again for Wal-Mart (online the 1st time & in store the 2nd). They approved me at $500. Now the Belk has reported for 8 months & the Wal-Mart has reported for 4 months. I still have some paid charge offs reporting as well as a paid judgement. Is that why they haven't given me an auto increase? I have been paying in full almost every month Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Why are my GE cards not "growing"?

@sbeasl11 wrote:

@I am grateful GE took a chance with me. They gave me a Belk card @$400 and a month later denied me the Wal-Mart card. A few months later I apped again for Wal-Mart (online the 1st time & in store the 2nd). They approved me at $500. Now the Belk has reported for 8 months & the Wal-Mart has reported for 4 months. I still have some paid charge offs reporting as well as a paid judgement. Is that why they haven't given me an auto increase? I have been paying in full almost every month Smiley Sad

Need some more info

-What is your overall util??

-What other accounts do you have??

-Any recent baddies??

-Have you done a CLI request on these cards or are you counting on auto luv from them??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 7
sbeasl11
Regular Contributor

Utilization currently 50%, but usually it reports under 20%. I have a secured BofA @ $500 that has been reporting for 6 months. Nothing bad for almost 2 years now. I have not called in to request, read alot of posts that said you get auto increases every 4-6 months. Guess I will call & request next month after I app with NFCU. Just disappointed they haven't already bumped me up.

Message 3 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@sbeasl11 wrote:

@Anonymous currently 50%, but usually it reports under 20%. I have a secured BofA @ $500 that has been reporting for 6 months. Nothing bad for almost 2 years now. I have not called in to request, read alot of posts that said you get auto increases every 4-6 months. Guess I will call & request next month after I app with NFCU. Just disappointed they haven't already bumped me up.

GE does do auto luv but not very often.

Call this # 1 877 379 8173. This is GE Customer Solutions. Ask them to review your accounts for CLI's. They are very helpfu and and you should be good for an increase!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 7
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

keep util down low before requesting a CLI with GE and try to have their card with zero or low balance. Then try the LUV button, but most of the time just call underwriting. Most of the time its 4-6 months but like everything YMMV, and no CLI's are a sure thing.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 5 of 7
sbeasl11
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the responses. I will call next month after everything is paid off. Hopefully I will get a good credit line with NFCU & I am hoping that will help me when I try to increase my GE cards. My BofA card should unsecure around June or July also.

Message 6 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@sbeasl11 wrote:

Thanks for the responses. I will call next month after everything is paid off. Hopefully I will get a good credit line with NFCU & I am hoping that will help me when I try to increase my GE cards. My BofA card should unsecure around June or July also.

I think you may be good now, even if they decline now you can easily try it again after you PIF balances.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.