Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get pre-qualified?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why can't I get pre-qualified?

I have a been going to the CC website that lets you get  pre qualified but  all of them say they  have no offers at this time I have decent scores (688)EQ

and just recieved a CLI from bank of america, but the others one no go..I do have a fraud alert of all of my credit files, would that have something to do with it?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Why can't I get pre-qualified?

it might....did you opt out from marketing offers with the credit bureaus?  that's why i never receive any offers.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

dont know I can't remeber if i did or didnt opt out for them
Message 3 of 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

i think you can opt back in at that same website...you should try it.
Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

fraud alert will keep you from getting pre-qaul offers
Message 5 of 6
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
fraud alert will keep you from getting pre-qaul offers

I know this post is a couple of years old, but I am curious about the same thing...what reasons are there as to why some people don't get pre-qual offers... I don't think it's an opt-in issue for me since I've been getting some recent bulk email offers (not pre-quals).  I don't have any fraud alerts either.    But given my overall profile, I'd think there'd be some cards that I'd be pre-qualified for.  It's somewhat discouraging given all the work I've done!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.